Job Title:CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
Department:Department of the Air Force
Agency:Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number:8Y-HILL-839557-745869-GLY
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, February 08, 2013 to
Thursday, February 14, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Albuquerque, NM United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, in southeast Albuquerque, is nestled between the Sandia and Manzano mountain ranges. It is home to Air Force Materiel Command's Nuclear Weapons Center and its subordinate wings. It is also home to the Directed Energy and Space Vehicle Directorates of the Air Force Research Laboratory.
This announcement is being posted to fill positions through the Direct Hire Authority for Health Care Positions. This Direct Hire Authority is being used to recruit qualified individuals to designated Health Care positions. The Under Secretary of Defense, Personnel and Readiness, delegated to the Secretary of the Air Force FY 2012, the authority and responsibility to appoint health care professionals in certain occupations and at all grade levels, authority to recruit and appoint qualified persons to those positions.
Your application will remain active and on file for 30 days after the closing date of the announcement.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE
CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT:
1. Online Application (Occupational Questionnaire)
2. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include month/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
3. Transcripts (unofficial), if qualifying based on education OR if this position has an educational requirement.
4. Veterans, if you are a veteran with preference you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (a copy stating character of service, Service-2, Service-7, Member-4, or etc.). If not separated you may provide a memo from your Military Personnel Office that includes your "character of service". In addition, if claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a current VA letter dated 1991 or later stating your overall/combined percent of disability and a Standard Form (SF) 15 "Application for 10-pont Veterans' Preference". For more information on veterans' preference see www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
5. If applying under ICTAP eligibility, all supporting documents must be provided at time of application. Please refer to the ICTAP portion of the 'Benefits & Other Info' section of this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
- Student Loan Repayment/Recruitment will not be authorized
- PCS expenses may be paid
- A Recruitment Incentive will be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Clinical Psychologist, GS-0180-12, you will provide a full-range of psychological services for adult beneficiaries at the 377th Medical Group (377 MDG) Mental Health Clinic and conduct assessments and provide evidence-based psychotherapy, and to offer consultation to medical staff and Commanders. You will also:
-Conduct individual, group and couples psychotherapy for beneficiaries with a full-range of psychiatric problems including psychotic, neurotic, character, family, relationship, learning and organic disorders.
-Conduct intake evaluation and psycho-diagnostic assessments.
-Provide psychological consultation for psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and nursing staff, military Commanders/senior leaders, and other DoD and civilian providers.
-Provide training and clinical supervision to mental health technicians.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
BASIC EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Degree: major or equivalent in psychology for all specializations except clinical psychology and counseling psychology. For this position, GS-12, satisfactory completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Subsequent to meeting the basic educational requirements listed above, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically, we would find this experience in work within this field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11), pay band or equivalent. Specialized experience is described as serving as a member of a patient treatment unit where you performed psychological diagnosis and treatment and participated in staff discussions of patient diagnosis, treatment and progress. Also carrying out clinical psychological work in testing and assessment of personality and in individual and group psychotherapy, using a full range of diagnostic test for psychological assessment, and employ generally accepted psychotherapy techniques.
AND LICENSE: The psychologist must possess a clinical psychologist license to practice independently from a U.S. jurisdiction. ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Unofficial transcripts on college letterhead are acceptable. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program; or an accredited U.S. state university reports the other institution as one whose transcript is given full value. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of evidence-based treatment for a full range of psychiatric disorders.
2. Professional knowledge of individual, couples and group psychotherapy modalities.
3. Professional knowledge of administration, scoring and interpretation of psychological tests.
4. Ability to evaluate psychiatric disorders.
5. Ability to provide guidance and consultant services to medical professionals and military leaders.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. The Human Resource Specialist uses your responses to the occupational questionnaire, along with your resume and supporting documentation, to determine if you meet regulatory eligibilities listed in this vacancy announcement.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE :
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.