The qualifications include specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Examples of such experience include: analyzing information technologies, architecture, and standards; developing functional and technical requirements and specifications; establishing policies and procedures for the use, distribution and support of IT assets; evaluating and recommending new database technologies and architecture; defining and maintaining physical and virtual network architecture and infrastructure; and leading or managing computer projects, like those described in the previous examples.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE ENTERPRISE WIDE AND CYBER SECURITY EXPERIENCE. APPLICANTS MUST ALSO HAVE WORKED WITH FEDERAL INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT ACT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
Applicants are expected to possess the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) listed below to qualify for this position. These KSAs are addressed in the self-assessment questionnaire that you will complete for this announcement. You do not need to respond separately to the KSAs 1-4 listed below. Your answers to the online experience questions will serve as responses to the KSAs. However, a separate response is required for KSA 5.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities/competencies (KSAs):
1. Knowledge supporting multiple Information Technology support services in acquisitions, contracting and Enterprise Wide Risk Management IT security control policies related to privacy safeguard practices.
2. Knowledge and experience managing complex functional implementation projects in an Enterprise IT Risk Management Program environment with multiple projects, achieving project goals within budget and established time frames.
3. Ability to analyze and solve network security infrastructure problems, investigates issues, make complicated recommendations to management based on the analysis results and provide direction and guidance.
4. Knowledge in security reliability, accessibility, and integrity procedures in compliance with enterprise IT Risk Management standards.
5. Leading Continuous Process Improvement and Analytical Problem Solving. (For this KSA only, you must prepare a narrative response not to exceed 1 page. This response must be uploaded at the end of the application process.) Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems and utilizing data analysis to lead a strategic approach for developing a culture of continuous improvement in the areas of reliability, process cycle time, cost, quality, and productivity. (Competencies: benchmarking, business process and quality management, problem structuring, data gathering, data analysis, findings synthesis, option and recommendation development). Your narrative for this KSA must include descriptions of how you have led a strategic approach for developing a culture of continuous improvement and improvements you have led in the areas of reliability, process cycle times, cost-effectiveness, quality, and productivity. Additionally, you should cite examples that demonstrate your ability to solve complex and potentially ambiguous problems using a full range of analytical techniques including problem structuring, data-gathering, data analysis, findings synthesis, option and recommendation development.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from best-qualified status or result in a lowered score. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be substantiated by your resume. Be sure that the experience/education as described on your resume contains accurate and sufficient information that clearly supports your responses to all of the questions by addressing experience and education relevant to this position. If you exaggerate or falsify your experience, education and/or your responses to questions, your ratings can/will be changed, or you may be removed from employment consideration. You should make a fair and accurate assessment of your qualifications. Applicants who do not respond to the application questions will be rated ineligible. Eligible candidates will be placed for selection consideration into three (3) categories as described below:
1 - Qualified Category - Applicants who have a "Q" score between 70 and 84.99 meet the specialized experience outlined in the Minimum Qualification Requirements section of this announcement.
2 - Well Qualified Category - Applicants who have a "WQ" score between 85 and 94.99 exceed the Minimum Qualification Requirements based on review of resume and vacancy specific questions.
3 - Best Qualified Category - Applicants who have a "BQ" score between 95 and 100 Outstanding level based on review of resume and vacancy specific questions. To preview questions please click here.