Job Title:Assistant/Associate Professor of Education Technology
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:National Defense University
Job Announcement Number:NDU-13-030-839540
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, February 11, 2013 to
Monday, February 25, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Term NTE 3 years|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort McNair, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The National Defense University (NDU) educates military and civilian leaders through teaching, research, and outreach in national security strategy, national military strategy, and national resource strategy; joint and multinational operations; information strategies, operations, and resource management; acquisition; and regional defense and security studies.
The mission of the National War College at National Defense University is to educate future leaders of the Armed Forces, State Department, and other civilian agencies for high-level policy, command, and staff responsibilities. To do this, NWC conducts a senior-level course of study in national security policy and strategy for selected U.S. and foreign military officers and federal officials.
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Secret security clearance must be obtained
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Assistant Professor Requirements:
- A Master's degree in a relevant discipline
- Two or more years of professional ET experience at the university level
Associate Professor Requirements:
- A Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in a relevant discipline
- Five or more years of professional ET experience involving full-time teaching at the university level and outreach and research accomplishments
Candidates who meet the basic requirements above will be further evaluated on the level and quality of their experience relating to the following highly qualifying criteria:
- Substantial professional and academic experience in: education technology (ET) planning principles and methods; achieving enterprise ET goals and standards in education; and integrating advancements in multimedia and instructional technology into the classroom
- Skill in applying: business-like planning and strategy formulation processes; capital investment strategies; ET metrics methods and concept development. Experience in planning for the integration of assessment tools needed for ET programs and concepts; experience in applying new ET developments to educational challenges
- A demonstrated willingness and ability to teach core and elective courses focused on national security strategy, both in and outside the candidates principal specialty, and willingness to participate in governance and curriculum development at the National War College
- Experience teaching on national security subjects or related disciplines in a Professional Military Education (PME), government, or private academic environment at the graduate level; Seminar-focused educational experience
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be evaluated by information provided in the Assessment Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.