All candidates must meet ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
-Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate;
-Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal);
-Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment;
-Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
-Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors;
-Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease; and
-Satisfactory completion (no convictions of child abuse, molestation, neglect, or battering; or drug related offense) of Local and National Background Checks.
To qualify for SKILL LEVEL 3, applicants must meet Entry Level Requirements listed above; AND
- Have successfully completed one year of education above high school level which included nine (9) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration, recreation or related behavioral sciences or One (1) year vocational certificate in childcare;
- Possess three (3) months of experience working in a group program with children and/or youth; and completion of Army Entry Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent).
For qualifications determinations, your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e. HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and the application may not be receive consideration for this position.
NOTE: All candidates must upload proof of their high school diploma, GED certificate or college transcripts at the time of application to be considered eligible for this position.
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a mental health assessment is required.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Medical Examination will be required along with proof of immunizations.
8. Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
9. You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
10. Documentation to support Military Spouse Preference needs to be submitted at time of application.
11. Applicants claiming Veterans Preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
12. Applicants who claim Veterans Preference must upload/submit their DD-214.
13. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
14. Multiple positions may be filled utilizing this vacancy announcement.
15. All selectees must complete a DA Form 3433-1 (Supplemental Application Form) as a condition of employment. DA Forms may be accessed at: http/www.cpol.army.mil/library/naf/jobkit/NAF-jobkit.pdf.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Knowledge of Basic Administrative Functions
Oral Communication Skills
Ability to Assess the Needs of Children and Staff
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.