Job Title:Psychologist (Community Based Outpatient Clinic Manager)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:UT-CF3863-2013-839473
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, February 07, 2013 to
Tuesday, February 19, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Pocatello, ID United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current Salt Lake City Health Care System Employees|
This position will be filled under one of the following professions:
- Social Worker
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- English Language Proficiency required
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
DUTIES:Back to top
The Community Based Outpatient Clinic Manager (CBOC Manager) serves as the clinical and administrative oversight official for CBOC activities and coordinates clinical services within the CBOC for the VA Salt Lake City Health Care System (VASLCHCS). This includes oversight responsibilities for any Outreach or small CBOCs mapped to the assigned location. The Incumbent is responsible for performing key duties in the areas of administration, management, analysis, coordination and investigation in support of the numerous functional areas. The incumbent serves under the Chief, Community Clinics in the management of the clinical, administrative, and business practices of the VASLCHCS at the CBOC and works collaboratively with the Service Chiefs that provide services at the CBOC.
Tour of duty: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- U.S. citizenship.
- Doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) AND
- Successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by the APA.
- Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
- English Language Proficiency
GRADE DETERMINATIONS:FOR GS-13 LEVEL:
Requires a minimum of 1 year of post-doctoral degree experience. This experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
- Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
- Knowledge of clinical research.
- For supervisory assignments: 1) Ability to provide supervision in areas related to behavioral health and social services provision in order to accomplish the organizational goals and objectives; and 2) Ability to provide fair, principled and decisive leadership for a work environment that promotes shared accountability.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
References : VA Handbook 5005/15, Part II, Appendix G18, PSYCHOLOGIST QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated March 17, 2006.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a (Member-4) DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
YOU MUST INCLUDE VA FORM 10-2850c IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY. You may upload the completed form to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded form again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide (http://www4.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc) for more information on uploading and re-using the form in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account in USAJOBS. Check your account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 839473. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, February 19, 2013.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume. (PLEASE NOTE: You must indicate the number of hours per week worked for the experience listed in your resume. Failure to do so WILL result in your being rated not-qualified for this position.)
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf) (required).
- Occupational Questionnaire
- Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf). This is a required form and must be submitted with your application.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.