You may qualify based on your experience as described below:
Experience- You must have IT-related experience in each of the following four competencies which must be supported by the information contained in your resume and other application materials. Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
1. ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. ORAL COMMUNICATION: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. PROBLEM SOLVING: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
For the GS-15 grade level, you must also have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-14 or equivalent grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT. The employing agency is responsible for defining the specialized experience based on the requirements of the position being filled.
Specialized experience includes the ability to exercise independent judgment and apply resourceful solutions to respond to time sensitive and complex IT problems and issues paramount to a government IT effort by demonstrating a comprehensive technical knowledge of methods used in an integrated IT environment, apply working knowledge of hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals available in the industry, and understand relationships between operating systems and hardware on which they operate to analyze and develop efficient IT solutions.
A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
You will be rated on the following competencies as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position. Narrative responses are not required at this time.
· Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute critical IT system solution activities.
· Ability to use Open Source and Agile approaches to independently plan, design, develop, implement, and manage numerous technically complex assignments that vary in scope.
· Ability to communicate, negotiate, and implement plans for new projects and application changes, to convey highly technical information in a manner easily understood, and to represent the division at leadership meeting, conferences, and user community forums.
· Ability to supervise multi-disciplinary, technical IT development and functional teams.
· Ability to establish and maintain work relationships with all levels of executive management and customers in order to resolve problems, and answer questions relating to short and long-range plans, capabilities, and solutions.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
This position includes a Selective Placement Factor (skill, knowledge, ability or other worker characteristic basic to, and essential for, satisfactory performance of the job). A Selective Placement Factor is a prerequisite to appointment and represents minimum requirements for a position. Applicants who do not meet the Selective Placement Factor will be ineligible for further consideration. The Selective Placement Factor for this position is: Mastery, experience, and a thorough understanding of the development, integration, deployment, and operational use of critical Health Information Technology (IT) systems directly utilized by clinicians, medical technicians, and others personnel to provided and support patient care in healthcare systems, which are national or international in scope; proven ability to operate effectively as the senior technical authority responsible for the design, development, acquisitions, integration, testing, installation, and operations of Health IT systems by demonstrating experience with designing and executing enterprise agile development efforts with a solid background in web technologies including technical systems and system architecture; experience working with business and IT stakeholders to collect and define requirements for enterprise systems as well as demonstrated experience with enterprise cloud computing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The position is primarily sedentary in nature. However, this position may require extensive travel to DoD and VA Headquarters, field offices, and other VA/DoD facilities.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Please refer to this checklist to ensure proper accreditation and for foreign education requirements.
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, non service-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed " SF15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," (go to http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and required documentation with your application materials. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be ranked based on four quality groups, as follows:
- Best qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job;
- Well qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job; and
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
After the vacancy announcement closes, reviewed applications are evaluated against the questionnaire responses and placed in the appropriate quality group. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.