Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-WY-13-11, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Natural Resource Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy ensuring the safe and efficient operation of Government facilities? The incumbent works with irrigation districts developing and updating water conservation plans as well as assisting with the preparation and administration of contracts and agreements.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Wyoming Area Office, Water and Land Operations Division, Mills, WY.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams regarding evaluation of natural resource usage and contract matters.
- Works with irrigation districts regarding water management activities.
- Works on plans involving land and water management activities.
- Develops objectives, schedules, budgets, and plans for special project investigations involved water and natural resources. Prepares or assists in the preparation of reports documenting the results of the special investigations.
- Assists in the development and administration of water service and repayment contracts, grants, and agreements.
- Represents WYAO in meetings and conferences regarding water and natural resource issues.