Job Title:PROGRAM ANALYST
Agency:Selective Service System
Job Announcement Number:AN831430
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 12, 2013 to
Tuesday, February 26, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
As a Program Analyst in the Preparedness Division, you will plan, develop, and present analyses and studies leading to the development, validation, or improvement of Agency mobilization preparedness programs.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement AN836183 under Merit Promotion Procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
DUTIES:Back to top
· Assists with developing and maintaining the effectiveness of registration and registration compliance programs.
· Assesses ongoing plans, programs, and procedures of registration programs.
· Conducts studies and evaluations on the effectiveness of registration program operations.
· Organizes and maintains information using information management systems.
· Provides guidance on registration and registration-compliance programs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this Program Analyst GS-09 position you must have:
At least year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal Service, conducting analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of mobilization preparedness programs; responding to routine inquiries on policies and procedures related to registration programs; and tracking program information.
Have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree or successfully completed 2 full years (36 semester hours or the equivalent) of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.B., or J.D. if related. (transcripts required)
Have a combination of specialized experience and education listed above that when combined totals at least 100%. (You must provide supporting transcripts.)
If education is a basic requirement or you are qualifying all or in part based on your education, you must submit transcripts (official or unofficial). Failure to submit transcripts may result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
All qualification requirements must be met by midnight (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, your résumé and supporting documents will be reviewed and evaluated against your assessment questionnaire responses to determine whether you are qualified for this position. If a determination is made that you have inflated your responses, you may lose consideration. Be sure to carefully follow all instructions; errors or omissions may affect your consideration for this position.
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Eligible candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, Qualified. Candidates in the highest quality category will be referred to the hiring agency.
Application of Veterans' Preference: Under Category Rating procedures, veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
- Policies and Procedures
- Written Communication
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the on-line assessment questionnaire. Be sure to click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to your saved application materials, log in at: https://applicationmanager.gov/ and click on Vacancy ID: 831430.
If you cannot apply online, you will need to:
1) Print the instructions and questionnaire by clicking View Occupational Questionnaire.
2) Print the 1203FX form to record your responses to the questionnaire.
3) Fax the completed 1203FX (all 6 pages but do not include a Cover Page for this document) to: 1-478-757-3144.
4) Print the Fax Cover Page and include with any supporting documents you fax (e.g., résumé, transcripts, veterans documentation, etc.) to the same fax number above.
Do not complete steps 1-4 above if you are applying on-line.
- Your Résumé (if you submit a personally developed résumé, curriculum vitae, or any other written format, be sure to include a detailed description of your job-related qualifications, beginning/ending dates, and hours worked per week, for each paid and non-paid position you included).
- Completed Assessment Questionnaire
Other Supporting Documents: (only submit if applicable to you)
Veterans' Preference and/or VEOA documentation (e.g., DD-214 Member Copy 4, SF-15, VA letter, etc.)
- College transcripts if qualifying all or in part based on your education. You may submit official, unofficial, or a self-certified list of course titles, grades earned, completion dates, and number of semester or quarter hours earned.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You will be notified on the outcome of your application once a list of candidates has been sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration.