Specialized experience: To qualify at the GS-09 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-07). Specialized experience is defined as: Experience reviewing contract clauses for compliance, preparing negotiation positions on contract topics, and presenting briefings.
Specialized experience: To qualify at the GS-11 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-09). Specialized experience is defined as: Experience negotiating contract prices and terms with contractors, reviewing contract proposals and drafting contract specifications.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT for 1102 Positions within Department of Defense:
A bachelors degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree)
NOTE: Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 on or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
For consideration, your resume MUST indicate that you possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND your resume MUST show that you possess at least 24 semester hours of study from an accredited institution of higher education in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management obtained within or in addition to the bachelor's degree. This requirement applies to those entering DOD 1102 positions on or after Oct 1, 2000.
Please refer to the OPM Qualification Standards for specific Education/Experience requirements for this position located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp
In addition to meeting the basic entry qualification requirements, applicants must have specialized experience and/or directly related education. Review the below qualification requirements for specific information on substituting education for experience:
For the GS-09 Level - 2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or masters or equivalent graduate degree or LL.B. or J.D.
For the GS-11 Level - 3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
· The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualification requirements, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement. Resumes are rated using Category Rating procedures. If you meet the minimum qualification requirements, based on your possession of job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities your resume will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans
· This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on duty.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required.
· Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
· Must file annual financial statement.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.