a. Citizenship. Citizen of the United States.
(1) Graduate of an Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree. NOTE: Prior to 2005 ACPE accredited both baccalaureate and Doctor of Pharmacy terminal degree program. Today the sole degree is Doctor of Pharmacy.
(2) Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs meet the educational requirement if the graduate is able to provide proof of achieving the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission (FRGEC) Certification, which includes passing the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) and the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT).
c. Licensure. Full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. The pharmacist must maintain current registration if this is a requirement for maintaining full, current, and unrestricted licensure.
Experience/Education: 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, which is substantiated by your resume, and is directly related to the position to be filled (NOTE Applicant MUST have a strong working knowledge of Inpatient Acute Care injectable medications and procurement needs); or completion of an ACPE-accredited Pharm.D. program.
Preferred experience: Completion of an ASHP-accredited residency program and a minimum of three years of pharmacy practice experience, or five or more years of pharmacy practice experience with demonstrated mastery of knowledge, skills, attitudes, and abilities expected of one who has completed a residency.
Basis of Rating: You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position.:
1. Comprehensive pharmaceutical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. Ability to ensure safe and effective medication use.
3. Ability to effectively coordinate inventory management.
4. Ability to ensure effective management of procurement section.
5. Ability to provide accurate drug information and training.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.