In addition to meeting the basic qualification requirements, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-14 level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience, at the GS-15 level, is defined as experience in the Solar Photovoltaics industry, including experience in physical device design and function, systems engineering, cost factors and analysis relevant to PV devices and systems, business issues affecting the development of the solar photovoltaics industry, key market applications, current and evolving structure of the PV supply chain, and intellectual property considerations relevant to PV technology development.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). You are NOT required to provide a separate narrative written response. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below.
- Mastery of PV research and development as evidenced by a record of high impact scientific publications and patents and/or demonstrated leadership in managing PV research programs in academia or industry.
- Knowledge of the concepts, theories, principles and practices of engineering and materials science applied to a range of solar photovoltaic technologies.
- Advance knowledge of the Solar Program, including the technical strategy it is pursuing for photovoltaics R&D.
- Knowledge and experience with organizational management including leading teams and groups for specific objectives and deliverables, including knowledge and experience with project management tools and approaches.
- Knowledge of business issues relevant to the development of the solar photovoltaics industry, including key market applications, current and evolving structure of the PV supply chain, and intellectual property considerations relevant to PV technology development.
- Advance knowledge of business issues relevant to the development of the solar photovoltaics industry, including key market applications, current and evolving structure of the PV supply chain, and intellectual property considerations relevant to PV technology development.
- Extensive knowledge of other engineering fields such as electronics, material sciences, device physics, etc., to provide consideration of overall engineering aspects related to solar photovoltaics.
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse technical team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Education Requirement: Positions in this series have positive education requirements. You must submit your transcript(s) showing evidence of the required coursework to document your education. REQUIRED EDUCATION: Completion of a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's degree or higher that included a major field of study in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester/36 quarter hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
A combination of education and experience--education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester/36 quarter hours in physical science and/or related engineering science plus appropriate experience or additional education.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THIS VACANCY: A Preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work. The preliminary background check consists of a search of Office of Personnel Management and Department of Defense background investigation files and an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check. If selected for this position, you will be extended a tentative offer of employment pending a satisfactory background check. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check; these will be handled on a case-by- case basis in coordination with the Office of Personnel Security.
If selected for this vacancy, you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement).
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online résumé/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Within each category, veteran preference eligibles will be listed at the top of the category. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and below.
If your résumé is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.