Job Title:Civil Engineer (Hydrologic) (Recent Graduate), GS-0810-9/11, (JW-DEU)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Bureau of Reclamation
Job Announcement Number:BR-DO-2013-031
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$50,923.00 to $80,093.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 05, 2013 to Wednesday, February 20, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time - Recent Graduates|
|FEW vacancies -
Lakewood, CO, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
This position is being filled through the Pathways, Recent Graduate Program and provides an opportunity for recent graduates to be placed in a 1-year career training and development program.
Training and Development program offers the following:
- Orientation program for Recent Graduates hired for the program.
- Mentorship throughout the program.
- Individual Development Plan to create and track Recent Graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program.
- Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement.
A Recent Graduate appointment may initially be made for a longer period due to a more structured training program requirement.
A Participant Agreement is required to be signed with the Recent Graduate that sets forth the expectations for the Program.
Reclamation is seeking a professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Civil Engineer. You can make a difference in the West by providing advise and guidance to resource management staff relating to the development, review, and implementation of simulation models for surface water hydrology and/or groundwater hydrology.
Would you enjoy providing hydrologic engineering assistance to the specialists in the Technical Group? Responsibilities include serving as an interdisciplinary team member, performing reviews of hydrologic and water operations data in studies, appendixes, and reports.
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position after program completion. To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduates will be converted.
LOCATION: Technical Service Center, Water and Environmental Resources Division, Water Resources Planning and Operations Support Group, Denver, CO.
First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- You must submit a resume and supporting documentation. (See How to Apply)
- You must meet specialized experience requirements. (See Qualifications)
- Submit transcript(s) to verify the education requirements.
- For veterans consideration, submit document(s) under Other Information.
- You must meet all Recent Graduate program requirements by the closing date.