Job Title:IT Specialist, GS-2210-13 (Open to US Citizens) JAC
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Research and Innovative Technology Administration
Job Announcement Number:RITA.BTS-2013-0011
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 06, 2013 to
Friday, February 15, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: RITA.BTS-2013-0010.
The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) coordinates the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) research programs and is charged with advancing the deployment of cross-cutting technologies to improve our Nation's transportation system.
The purpose of this position is to serve as the Technology Officer (TO) for the BTS. The TO initiates and advocates the use of information resources and other technologies to collect, analyze, and make available to the public information on the nation’s transportation system and its consequences. The employee will work in close coordination with the senior management structure within the BTS to identify appropriate methods and technology advancing the BTS mission and coordinating deployment of that technology with RITA information technology staff.
RITA is looking for an experienced motivated and self-reliant candidate willing to learn and adapt to change in working with skilled professionals that ensure the safety and fairness of the transportation industry. This position is located in the New DOT Building, which sits directly across the street from the metro and blocks away from the new National's Baseball Stadium. This office has flexible work schedules and flexible health benefits.
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
- Announcement also advertised to status applicants: RITA.BTS-2013-0010
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience initiating and/or leading the development and implementation of enterprise wide strategies; applying policy and planning concepts; developing project plans; and managing the acquisition process sufficient for the effective management of organization wide IT program resources and customer support services.
In addition to meeting the above described specialized experience requirements, your IT experience will be evaluated. It must include experience in the following competencies.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Probationary Period - You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration. To preview questions please click here.