Job Title:Veterinary Medical Officer, GS-0701-11 (ATL-Rec. Grad-JLN)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Job Announcement Number:ATL-2013-0269
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$57,408.00 to $74,628.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 05, 2013 to Monday, February 11, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Pathways Recent Graduate Appointment, - Full-Time|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Madison, WI, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All qualified U.S. citizens that meet the eligibility requirements for the Pathways Recent Graduate Program as described below.
Are you a recent graduate looking for a developmental position designed to lead to a civil service career in the Federal government? If you answered "yes" to this question, then this is the job for you! Come join the USGS and start doing the job you've always dreamed of.
Will Travel and Relocation Expenses be Paid? NO
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position is being filled under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program that affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs.
The Recent Graduate Program lasts for 1 year.
Participants who successfully complete the Recent Graduate Program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent appointment or a term (1-4 years in duration) appointment without further competition.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a recent graduate who has completed, within the previous two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that’s part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree due to military service obligation shall have a 2-year period of eligibility to apply that begins from the date of release or discharge from active duty; however, the veteran’s eligibility period cannot extend beyond 6 years from the date of graduation.
- The Presidential Executive Order for the Pathways Programs was signed 12/27/2010 but the final regulations weren’t issued until 7/10/2012. Because of this delay, individuals who graduated between 12/27/2010 and 7/10/2012 will be eligible to apply under the Recent Graduates Program through 7/10/2014.
Why Is It Great To Work For The USGS?
Embark on an exciting future! From the peaks of the highest mountains to the depths of the deepest seas, the U.S. Geological Survey has career opportunities that make a difference in both the lives of others and in the environment. Would you like to join the more than 10,000 scientists, technicians, and support staff of the USGS who are working in more than 400 locations throughout the United States? Apply today! As the Nation's largest water, earth, and biological science and civilian mapping agency, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) collects, monitors, analyzes, and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems. The diversity of our scientific expertise enables us to carry out large-scale, multi-disciplinary investigations and provide impartial, timely, and relevant scientific information to resource managers, planners, and other customers related to: the health of our ecosystems and environment; natural hazards that threaten us; natural resources we rely on, and; the impact of climate and land-use changes. For more information about the USGS please visit http://www.usgs.gov.
*This vacancy is a re-announcement from ATL-2013-0263, if you applied on ATL-2013-0263 - you will need to re-apply under this vacancy announcement.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- The duration of the Recent Graduates appointment is a trial period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.