You must have one year specialized experience. Specialized experience is experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position being filled. Specialized experience must be equivalent to at least the next lower grade level for the occupation. You must meet these qualifications by the closing date of this announcement. Specialized experience must be described for each grade level. You may qualify based on education or experience. See example below.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 in the Federal service that demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of a wide range of concepts, principles, and practices in printing programs, such as operational work and staff level analysis to ensure effective coordination and execution of printing procurement programs.
If you do not meet the specialized experience requirements, you may also qualify with education.
GS-11: Successful completion of 3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or a Ph.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in human resources, social or behavioral sciences or in such fields as business or public administration or industrial management, psychology, labor relations, or education.
You MUST submit transcripts (official or unofficial) with this application if you wish to qualify based on education.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions). If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicants responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicants responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicants responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-Competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the Supplemental Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link View Assessment Questions. You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the questionnaire.
You will be rated on the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. Knowledge of printing technologies, equipment, capabilities, processes, and industry trends to manage the agency printing program.
2. Skill in writing clear, concise, and technical printing specifications and language that derives from generally stated customer requirements.
3. Ability to apply customer service skills when using oral communication or negotiating with customers and/or vendors who may have specific instructions.
4. Knowledge of copy machine functions and operations to determine headquarters requirements for copy machines, and work with vendors and contract representatives to ensure SBA's copy machine needs are met in the most economical and efficient manner.