Department: Department of Defense
Agency: Department of Defense Education Activity
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Do you want to work for an exciting educational organization, with the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members? Our mission is to provide an exemplary education that inspires and prepares all students for success in a dynamic, global environment. Come work for the Department of Defense Education Activity, Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools at Fort Buchanan and Ramey Schools, Puerto Rico.
The Department of Defense Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools (DDESS) is currently accepting applications under examining authority of 10 U.S.C., Section 2164.
The purpose of this position is to serve as maintenance worker to keep the DDESS Puerto Rico School buildings, exterior structure, grounds and related fixtures and utilities functional at all times. Work assignments include the visual examination and operational tests to determine the need for and the performance of repair work involving a variety of trades.
The first applicant selected will work at the Ramey/Aguadilla location. Other applications will remain on file for the next year should other vacancies occur at either the Ramey or Ft Buchanan location.
You must be a current, permanent, or reinstatement eligible, Federal Civil service employee to be considered for this position. If you do not meet this criteria please apply under announcment 13-PR-016E.
This is an Excepted Service Position.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- You must meet the Selective Service requirement
- You must submit your complete application and all supporting documents
- You must complete the Questionnaire including all Suitability questions
- You must be a current, permanent Federal civil service employee
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination