Unless you ar currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program approved by OPM, you must submit a narrative statement covering each of the Executive Core Qualifications. All applicants must submit a narrative statement covering each of the Technical Qualifications in order to receive consideration for the position.
To view additional information on the proper preparation of Executive Core Qualification statements available on the Office of Personnel Management's website, please see the SES Handbook and NASA's Guide to Effectively Preparing Executive Core Qualifications for more information.
When responding to the Mandatory Technical Qualifications and Executive Core Qualifications, you must clearly show that you possess the experience, knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of this position by submitting narrative responses in which you detail your experience in each of the Technical Qualifications and the Executive Core Qualifications.
Your examples should be clear and emphasize your level of responsibilities, scope and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments with results of your actions, policy initiatives and level of contacts. You should limit your narrative to two pages per Mandatory Technical Qualification and Executive Core Qualification.
Applicants who use "see resume" as a response will not receive consideration for the position.
In addition to demonstrating executive level managerial capability as described in the Mandatory Technical and Executive Core Qualifications below, the applicant must have the skill and ability to perform the duties as demonstrated by progressively responsible supervisory/managerial experience, normally with several years at the GS-15 level or equivalent, which clearly identifies the ability to manage people and resources.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU COMPLETE YOUR ANSWERS OFF-LINE IN ADVANCE OF BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS, SO THAT YOU CAN INSERT THEM INTO THE ELECTRONIC FORM. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT SAVED.
Basic requirements for this position allows eligibility through meeting either the education or experience requirements specified below:
Education: All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1.Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2.Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3.Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4.Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
For this position applicants must address the following executive core and mandatory technical qualifications:
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Leading Change - Involves the ability to bring about strategic change, within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - Involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven - Involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - Involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions - Involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Demonstrated success in providing executive level leadership and management of enterprise-wide information technology (IT), for a large, complex, technology- oriented organization, to include: IT infrastructure management and consolidation, enterprise applications, IT governance, enterprise architecture, integrated IT service delivery, IT security, and IT portfolio management.
2. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement IT strategic plans, policies, standards and programs that align with the needs and mission of a large, complex organization; and, the ability to manage major IT transformation initiatives including organizational and IT delivery model changes to provide IT that enables the success of the organization.
3. Demonstrated experience directing agency/corporate level operations for a large geographically dispersed and matrixed organization.
4. In-depth knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in implementing programs compliant with, laws, executive orders, standards, and other national policies and regulations governing an agency¿s/corporation¿s information resources management operations (e.g., the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996, Sarbanes-Oxley, the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, and the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended).
If you do not possess the mandatory technical qualifications described above, you will be considered ineligible for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be evaluated by an Executive Resources Panel of senior officials. The Panel will rate applicants on the basis of the quality and extent of total accomplishments, experience and education. The Panel will determine the degree to which candidates posses the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the mandatory technical requirements of the position and the Executive Core Qualification requirements.
Among the factors the evaluation panel will consider in determining the applicant's relative capacity and fitness for the position are education, training, experience and demonstrated executive level qualifications. The Panel will rate your application against each of the Mandatory Executive Core Qualifications and Mandatory Technical Qualifications to determine the highly qualified candidates. Candidates determined to be best qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration for the position.