1. Must be a citizen of U.S.
2. Must be a graduate of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State accrediting agency and/or the National League for Nursing at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
3. Must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
4. Must have a full, current, active and unrestricted license as a graduate licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States or District of Columbia.
5. Must meet physical standards as indicated in VA Handbook 5019.
1. A minimum of three years of successful clinical nursing practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
2. Broad knowledge base with experience in a variety of patient care settings and with diverse patient populations.
3. Demonstrated skill in performing multiple tasks, managing assignments, and expediting oral and written communications.
4. Demonstrated ability to interact with others effectively and appropriately, presenting a professional image of the service and the VA.
5. Skill in utilizing VistA, BCMA, CPRS, Outlook, fax machines, copiers, etc.
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: Grades and salaries will be determined by the Professional Standards Board (PSB).
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
References : VA Handbook 5005 available in the local Human Resources Office .
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, you must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
Applicants tentatively selected for certain designated positions may be subject to a random drug screening for illegal drug use. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment.
Public Law 95-201 requires that persons appointed to direct patient-care positions must possess the required basic proficiency in spoken and written English.
Veterans' preference does apply to Title 38 Hybrid positions; therefore, if you are a Veteran applying for veterans preference, you must submit evidence of eligibility, such as: a copy of your DD-214(s) (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty); Standard Form 15 (Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference version dated December 2004), if applicable; and the proof requested on the form, such as a Civil Service Preference letter stating your percentage of disability, if applicable.
DD Form 214: Veterans can now request a copy of their DD-214 online at the following National Personnel Records Center website, http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html. This site also provides instructions and addresses for requesting service records, medical records, proof of military service, correcting records, and replacing medals or awards. Veterans may also request a copy of their DD-214 by calling 800-827-1000 or TDD# 800-829-4833.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetsinfo.asp.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to determine if you are qualified for this job.
We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.