This is a General Grade GG-13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Duties of this position are at the GS/GG-1750-13 level.
To qualify for this position at the GG-13 level you must have specialized experience equivalent to the GS/GG-12 grade level. Specialized Experience is defined as: Ttraining and education requirement analysis, certification and qualifications program development and implementation; Adult education, learning theory, and instructional technology in both instructor-led and distance learning environments; Development of instructor guides and lesson plans, training presentations, student materials, and job aids.
POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
Applicants must meet the BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must have included study in at least four of following five areas:
(1) learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: study of learning theories as they related to systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
(2) Instructional design practices: study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
(3) Educational evaluation: study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
(4) Instructional product development: study of techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training:
(5) Computers in educating and training. Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL TRANSCRIPTS SHOWING COMPLETED COURSEWORK IN THE ABOVE REQUIRED SUBJECT AREAS.
Education must be from an accredited college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
Substitution of Education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level
We accept unofficial transcripts, as long as they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received in this office by 11:59PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time
TRAVEL: Requires periodic temporary duty (TDY) travel to locations within and outside of the continental United States
PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Costs are not authorized
DRUG TESTING: Required
(You must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test for this position. If you decline to take the drug test, it will be considered a declination for employment.)
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Critical Sensitive (Top Secret)
This position requires a Top Secret security clearance - This position is designated critical sensitive, as defined in DoD 5200.2-R, Personnel Security Program, and therefore requires that a personnel security investigation be adjudicated for security eligibility on a pre-appointed basis. This requirement may take 120 days or longer to process.
A two-year trial period will be required; if a trial period has not been previously completed.
Must possess legal and personal qualifications to operate a passenger-type motor vehicle and travel via passenger aircraft.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Skill in developing instructional products.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of principles of adult education and learning theory.
3. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. If you are qualified for this job and are found among the top candidates you will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in being removed from consideration for this position.