To qualify for a Police Officer, your resume must support:
A. Specialized Experience: To qualify at the GS-06 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Examples of specialized experience are listed in the Major Duties section of this vacancy announcement, and may also include:
- Experience that provided knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property.
- Experience that provided knowledge of basic investigative methods and techniques to investigate violations or reports of probable incidents.
B. Education: Applicants may not qualify for this position based on education in lieu of specialized
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of law enforcement and crime prevention procedures
Ability to conduct preliminary investigations
Ability to communicate orally and in writing
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Expenses: Not Authorized
Relocation (Government Home Sale) Expenses: Not Authorized
Work Schedule: Full Time
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Overtime Work: Frequent
Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally
Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive/ With Secret Access
Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Preemployment Physical: Required (See Additional Note)
Emergency Essential: Yes
Reemployed Annuitant: Does Not Meet Criteria
The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at:
For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at:
All Police Officer candidates MUST have their physical fitness test conducted at one of the following five DLA Installation Support sites (New Cumberland, PA; Richmond, VA; Fort Belvoir, VA; Columbus, OH; Tracy, CA) PRIOR to coming on board. *Travel to and from the DLA Installation Support site will be at the candidate's expense.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your résumé and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position. Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories:
- Best-Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
- Highly-Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, as determined by the job analysis.
- Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Names of the candidates in the Best-Qualified category will be sent first to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Applicants in other categories will be referred in accordance with category rating procedures.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans preference you are claiming on your résumé. Your veterans preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job. For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All Veterans: You are required to submit a DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4). Veterans claiming 10 Point Preference in addition to your DD 214, you are required to submit a completed SF-15 and, supporting documents outlined on the SF-15. http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf