Job Title:PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Agency:Small Business Administration
Job Announcement Number:DEU-13-023-DCMS-836272
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$42,209.00 to $54,875.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 13, 2013 to Wednesday, February 20, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Term NTE 4 years|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Herndon, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Are you motivated by helping people? Do you enjoy challenging but satisfying work? Why search any longer -- we have just the opportunity that you've been looking for! Small Business Administration's Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA) is a highly motivated and diverse team that seeks talented people to help families and businesses rebuild their lives after disasters. Come join us and make a difference.
You will serve as a Program Support Assistant for the Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Disaster Credit Management Systems (DCMS) Operations Center in Herndon, VA. As a Program Support Assistant, you will facilitate the work flow of the Disaster Credit Management Systems (DCMS) Operation Center and support management in the assigned department.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.* If selected, your work schedule will be seasonal. Depending upon the level of disaster activity, you may be placed in a non-pay status if there is insufficient work. However, the work of this position will most likely require you to essentially work most of the year.
· The Term Appointment does not confer competitive status, or reinstatement rights, on the individual selected. You may be promoted or reassigned to another position within SBA's Office of Disaster assistance; however, you may not be appointed non-competitively to another Federal position. You will initially be given a Term Appointment exceeding one year. If all other conditions of employment are met, this appointment may be extended, in increments, up to a total of four (4) years.
· Especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work substantial compensated overtime up to seven days a week and twelve to fourteen hours a day, work various shifts, and travel to disaster field offices.
· You may be required to travel with little or no advance notice.
· You may encounter hazardous working and/or living conditions, for example, no water or electricity and/or minimal lodging facilities.
· Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Background investigation and credit check are required.
- You may be required to complete a one-year trial period