Entry Level Candidate must:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
-Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
Skill Level Candidate must:
- Meet Entry-level requirements as stated in CYPA (entry level) and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
- Possess three (3) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Completion of Army Entry Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent),
- Meet Entry-level requirements and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
- One year of education above high school level which included nine (9) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration, recreation or related behavioral sciences, or one (1) year vocational certificate in childcare.
Target Level Candidate must:
- Meet entry-level requirements and skill level requirements.
- Two (2) years of education above the High School level, which includes twelve (12) semester hours of college credit in childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration or related behavioral sciences.
Pay may be set within the advertised rate and will be based on education and experience requirements.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation as to Diploma or GED must be provided with application packet.
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS E-Verify system. Federal Law required DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify participant.
3. All required background checks of AR215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI): to include a health assessment is required.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. Direct Deposit is a condition of employment.
6. DA Form 3433-1 supplemental employment application is a condition of employment and must be completed prior to appointment.
7. Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
8. Satisfactory completion (no convictions of child abuse, molestation, neglect, or battering; or drug related offense) of Local and National Background Checks.
9. Duties will involve working both indoor and outdoor activities.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Ability to communicate orally and in writing, knowledge of basic administrative functions, and the ability to assess the needs of children and staff. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Questionnaire answers must be substantiated in your resume as to the job duties and requirements of the position. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume it could be grounds for not being referred for the position.