Basic Qualification: Must have completed a full four year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics.
Have a least 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, including at least 12 hours in mathematics and 6 in statistics, as shown in above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience performing mathematical statistics and survey research; and collecting, analyzing, and interpreting highly complex scientific data for public health program operations.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required: Yes
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: May be authorized
5. Bargaining Unit Position: No
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Incentive: No
8. Annual Leave for non-federal service authorized: No
9. Research position: No
10. Supervisory position: No
11. Promotion potential: No
12. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
13. Travel required: Yes, 5% domestic
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Skill in providing scientific direction and guidance on critical and complex issues.
2. Skill in methodological techniques used to collect, analyze, and interpret highly specialized scientific data.
3. Ability to perform complex analytical studies.
4. Knowledge of management practices and theories needed to integrate program planning and evaluation activities.
5. Ability to communicate in writing.
6. Ability to communicate orally.