Job Title:Student Trainee
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:DOE-HQ-13-Summer Intern-A
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, February 01, 2013 to
Monday, February 25, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Work Schedule: Full or Part Time -
Temporary Not to Exceed September 30, 2013|
|FEW vacancies in the following location(s):|
Washington, DC, USView Map
Germantown, MD, USView Map
Albuquerque, NM, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) seeking students in an accredited high school or State approved homeschool, technical or vocational school, 2 or 4-year college or university, or graduate or professional school, with at least a half-time course load. Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 or higher).
The Department of Energy is seeking to hire talented and highly skilled student candidates for its 2013 Summer Internship Program. This vacancy announcement will be used to fill Summer Internship positions that become available through September 30, 2013. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. DOE is looking for highly motivated students for summer employment. Numerous opportunities are available and will enable students to gain valuable work experience while contributing to the DOE mission.
*Vacancy Announcement Amended to add qualifications criteria.
The Department of Energy Summer Internship is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school.
Veterans Preference applies and will be adjudicated accordingly.
This vacancy announcement does not offer any promotion potential.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- Relocation is at your own expense
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Students must meet the qualifications described in the "Education" section of this vacancy announcement.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Level of Education:
- GS-1: Enrollment in a high school diploma or GED program.
- GS-2: High school diploma of quivalent
- GS-3: Completion of 1 full academic year of post-high school study.
- GS-4: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or Associates Degree
- GS-5: Completion of all requirements for a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
- GS-7: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education.
- GS-9: Completion of all requirements for a master's degree or equivalent degree.
- GS-11: Research Postions, completion of all requirements for a master's or equivalent degree; non-Research Positions, completion of all requirements for a PhD or equivalent degree
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
Current students in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
Must be 16 years of age
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Students will be evaluated based on a comparison of the quality and extent of their education as reflected in their resume against the requirements of available positions. If your résumé is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete online application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish the application. Our application system displays a deadline timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference.
Steps to submit a complete application:
You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed résumé. Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded résumés and require that you have a completed résumé within your USAJOBS profile using the Résumé Builder (click the link for more information).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the Apply Now button.
- You must respond to all application assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to): transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and other supporting documents.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process--YOU ARE NOT DONE YET! You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received. Your USAJOBS status page may show a complete application even if you have not fully completed the final step of the application process.
If your résumé does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours. If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Résumé Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot apply online because of a disability, please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Résumé supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- Applicants using education to qualify (if allowed): Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and grade. Education cannot be substituted for experience in some positions at higher grade levels. Please see the Education section for more information.
- Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency to receive Veterans Preference under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority. Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.