To apply for this position, you must provide both of the following parts:
1. Your responses to the Qualifications Questionnaire, and
2. Your resume and any other documents specified in the Required Documents section of this job announcement.
Use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire for convenience and quickest processing.
Option A: Online Qualifications Questionnaire
Tips for using the Online Qualifications Questionnaire:
You must click both Finish and Submit when you are done. Your Online Qualifications Questionnaire is not processed and your résumé is not attached until you click the Submit button, even if USAJOBS says it sent your résumé.
You can upload or fax supporting documents after you Submit the Online Qualifications Questionnaire.
You must complete the entire process by the closing date --
To make sure everything you submitted is successfully received, follow these steps:
1. Go to: https://www.applicationmanager.gov and log in using the box right hand side of the page.
2. Click the radio button for this Vacancy Announcement: Click Select a Vacancy.
3. Verify that all of your documents appear on the table with a status of Processed.
If you Submit more than one Qualifications Questionnaire for this position, the most recent one Submitted is the one that is used. Therefore, it is important for you to complete it in its entirety.
To begin your Online Qualifications Questionnaire, choose one of these options:
If your résumé is going to come from the USAJOBS Resume Builder, you begin the process by clicking the Apply Online button near the bottom of this page. Your résumé will be attached only to the Online Qualifications Questionnaire you complete and Submit from this session, not to any Questionnaires you may already have Saved or Submitted.
If your résumé is going to be one you prepared outside of USAJOBS Résumé Builder, click this link to begin the process: Online Questionnaire.
Option B: Paper Qualifications Questionnaire
If it is not practical for you to use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire, you can write your answers on paper. Follow these steps:
1. You can print a copy of this job announcement so that you can read the questions off line.
2. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. You can obtain the form at this URL http://www.opm.gov./Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf or by calling USAJOBS by Phone at (703) 724-1850 after the introduction, press 1, and listen for instructions.
3. You may submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax.
By Fax: If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, you do not need a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing. If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here -- http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf -- and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.
ANNOUNCEMENTS CLOSE AT 12:00 A.M. (MIDNIGHT) EASTERN STANDARD TIME Thursday, February 21, 2013
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Materials Examiner and Identifier
001 Materials Examiner and Identifier
060300037 Bell, CA
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below to best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.A- Yes
1. Are you a Current California National Guard member or employee?
2. Do you currently possess the military grade E-3 through E-6?
3. Do you possess experience or training which demonstrates the ability to distinguish between closely related or similar items, ability to follow procedures, ability to sort materials by type, and skill in the use of hand tools?
4. Do you have 12 of months specialized experience or training identifying and sorting a variety of complex materials and equipment; experience receiving materials and equipment, recording, and placing items in proper storage areas; experience preparing all items for shipment using appropriate agency instructions; experience in mathematical equations; experience interpreting and using Federal Supply Catalogs, military and manufacturing catalogs, and technical and agency manuals; experience using and operating forklifts and motor vehicles?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
5. Performs complex searches of shipping and storage records, material specifications, vendor contracts, computerized or microfiche data for material identification and advises lower graded workers on specialized procedures.
6. Inspects, receives, sorts, counts, and classifies hazardous materials such as explosives, toxic chemicals, flammables, gas cylinders, radioactive material, and hazardous waste.
7. Prepares material for shipment, storage, and disposition.
8. Identifies and marks storage locations and stocks property allowing for maximum utilization of storage space, ease of access, segregation, and rotation of stock.
9. Intensifies inventory management control to accommodate shortened timeframes.
If your resume DOES NOT includes all the items requested on this vacancy announcement, along with a narrative description of how you meet the general and specialized experience requirements, you may lose consideration for the position. Additionally, any reference to or copies of civilian or military position description CANNOT be accepted to establish qualifications; you may lose consideration for this position.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, transcripts or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
For this job announcement the following documents are required:
Transcripts (if applicable)
· Air Force: Copy of Records Review Report on Individual Person (RIP) within last 30 days;
**For applicants submitting a RIP - Please only include the pages that specify your current Rank/AFSC**
· Army: Copy of Personnel Qualification Record within last 30 days
The following documents are NOT acceptable as attachments to applications: Photographs, copies of position descriptions, training certificates, performance ratings (civilian or military), award certificates or letters of appreciation.
Back to top
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgment email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.