Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Benefits Administration
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
The position is located in the Office of the Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity, Office of the Under Secretary for Benefits, Veterans Benefits Administration. The VR&E program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, this program offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible. The office is staffed with approximately 75 employees. More information on the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service can be found at http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/index.htm.
A recruitment/relocation incentive and/or Guaranteed Home Buyout may be authorized.
- US Citizenship is required
- Successful completion of background investigation & possible drug screening
- Selectee maybe subject to geographic or organizational reassignment/travel
- Pubic Financial Disclosure Report is required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- One year probationary period for initial SES appointment