Job Title:WINDOWS TO REGULATORY RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Food and Drug Administration
Job Announcement Number:HHS-FDA-13-DE-827396
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, February 07, 2013 to
Wednesday, February 13, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Internships NTE Ten weeks|
|Few vacancies in the following location(s):|
Laurel, MD United StatesView Map
Rockville, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student/Internship Program Eligibles|
***THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN CANCELED AND WILL BE READVERTISED UNDER HHS-FDA-CVM-IN-13-841172. DO NOT APPLY TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE CONSIDERATION***
The internships are located in the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Foods, Center for Veterinary Medicine, located in Rockville or Laurel, MD. Salary will be determined upon selection.
This announcement is being advertised at the GS-07 - GS-11 grade levels concurrently with HHS-FDA-13-DE-836452.
The Windows to Regulatory Research Internship Program offers academically superior undergraduate, graduate, and professional students hands-on experiences conducting basic and applied research as well as performing in-depth technical reviews of data applicable to animal health and food safety.
Ultimately, the internship benefits not only students themselves but the Center, FDA, and the nation. Students gain career experience in a supportive yet challenging atmosphere while the Center develops and guides future scientific and regulatory leaders. Todays interns are CVMs experts of tomorrow. The program is ten (10) weeks in length, commencing on June 3, 2013.
Who May Apply: Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Windows to Regulatory Research Interns will be appointed under the following series:
0499 Biological Science; 0699 Medical and Health; 0799 Veterinary; and 1399 Physical Science.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- U.S. Citizens/national/legal, permanent resident,or eligible to work in US
- Background investigation required
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above)
- Recognized course of study pertinent to CVM’s mission
- Enrolled at least half-time in degree seeking program
- Must submit transcripts/proof of enrollment/acceptance
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Windows to Regulatory Research Intern, you will primarily perform the duties below. However, job duties may vary depending on the area of study and grade appointed:
Research and assemble pertinent information from a variety of sources, including hard copy or electronic files, archival records, instructions, directives, standard operating procedures, reference guides, and operating manuals.
Review documents to extract selected data and information to a specific program, project or issue.
Work with senior employees on an array of special projects or task forces.
Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Candidates must meet the qualification requirements consistent with the Department of Health and Human Services and the OPM qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. The classification of the intern positions (series and grade) will depend upon the field of study and level of coursework the candidate has completed.
Candidate must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
16 years or older at the time of appointment.
To qualify for the GS-02 grade level, applicants must have:
High school diploma (or equivalent).
To qualify for the GS-03 grade level, applicants must have:
Completion of 1 year of post-high school study.
To qualify for the GS-04 grade level, applicants must have:
Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or associate's degree.
To qualify for the GS-05 grade level, applicants must have:
Completion of all requirements for a Bachelors degree or equivalent degree.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting the eligibility and minimum qualification requirements will be referred for selection without ranking, in accordance with applicable reemployment priority and/or veterans' preference requirements.
The information you provide may be verified by a review of work experience and/or education, by checking references and through other means (ex., interview). Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (ex., interview, panel review, etc.).