In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. This experience is defined as: demonstrated knowledge and experience with Multifamily Housing Asset Management AND Multifamily Housing Asset Development.
Multi-Family Asset Management experience is either (1) FHA multi-family mortgage servicing experience assuring the long term stability of a multi-family project, including that payments are made timely and that the owners meet all assigned responsibilities, including maintaining the physical and financial conditions of the project; OR (2) FHA multi-family property management responsibility for overseeing the day to day management of multiple existing FHA multi-family housing projects.
Multi-Family Asset Development experience is either (1) FHA multi-family loan origination working for a FHA multi-family mortgagee who brings loan applications to the lender from owners and developers to facilitate the financing of a proposed or the re-financing of an existing project; OR (2) FHA multi-family underwriting experience determining the financial feasibility of a proposed loan on a multi-family project by considering market, appraisal value, and marketability issues, financial stability and experience of the owner or the developer and the design/physical condition of the property.
Note: The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Direct experience with FHA multifamily mortgage insurance underwriting and servicing of FHA-insured or HUD-held mortgages.
- Ability to direct and manage a staff and to create a culture of high performance, innovation and flexibility.
- Ability to establish objectives and performance goals, monitor progress, and set new priorities based on changing requirements.
- Ability to communicate with diverse public and private groups to address programmatic and technical matters.
We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category Rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of the following three categories, depending on your experience and education related to this position:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Better Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified (Good): Applicants possessing the basic qualifications with general knowledge, skills and abilities.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned to the Better Qualified category or higher to be determined as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.