To apply for this position, you must provide both of the following parts:
1. Your responses to the Qualifications Questionnaire, and
2. Your resume and any other documents specified in the Required Documents section of this job announcement.
Use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire for convenience and quickest processing.
Option A: Online Qualifications Questionnaire
Tips for using the Online Qualifications Questionnaire:
You must click both Finish and Submit when you are done. Your Online Qualifications Questionnaire is not processed and your résumé is not attached until you click the Submit button, even if USAJOBS says it sent your résumé.
You can upload or fax supporting documents after you Submit the Online Qualifications Questionnaire.
You must complete the entire process by the closing date --
To make sure everything you submitted is successfully received, follow these steps:
1. Go to: https://www.applicationmanager.gov and log in using the box right hand side of the page.
2. Click the radio button for this Vacancy Announcement: Click Select a Vacancy.
3. Verify that all of your documents appear on the table with a status of Processed.
If you Submit more than one Qualifications Questionnaire for this position, the most recent one Submitted is the one that is used. Therefore, it is important for you to complete it in its entirety.
To begin your Online Qualifications Questionnaire, choose one of these options:
If your résumé is going to come from the USAJOBS Resume Builder, you begin the process by clicking the Apply Online button near the bottom of this page. Your résumé will be attached only to the Online Qualifications Questionnaire you complete and Submit from this session, not to any Questionnaires you may already have Saved or Submitted.
If your résumé is going to be one you prepared outside of USAJOBS Résumé Builder, click this link to begin the process: Online Questionnaire.
Option B: Paper Qualifications Questionnaire
If it is not practical for you to use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire, you can write your answers on paper. Follow these steps:
1. You can print a copy of this job announcement so that you can read the questions off line.
2. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. You can obtain the form at this URL http://www.opm.gov./Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf or by calling USAJOBS by Phone at (703) 724-1850 after the introduction, press 1, and listen for instructions.
3. You may submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax.
By Fax: If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, you do not need a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing. If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here -- http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf -- and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.
ANNOUNCEMENTS CLOSE AT 12:00 A.M. (MIDNIGHT) EASTERN STANDARD TIME Thursday, February 21, 2013
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
001 Management Analyst
063150067 Sacramento, CA
1. Are you a current military member of the Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Regular Army or Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Regular Air Force?A. Yes
2. Do you currently possess the military grade of E-4 through E-8 or WO-1 through WO-3?A. Yes
3. Do you have experience, education, or training in administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other responsible work which demonstrates analytical ability and a practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes and principles of management; Experience using computer and automation systems?A. Yes
4. Do you have at least 24 months experience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques; Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Performs analytical and evaluative techniques to conduct a variety of management studies, which are of a procedural or factual nature.
6. Conducts project studies to ascertain the need for changes in an existing management studies or methods of operation.
7. Understanding the administrative and operating procedures; and comprehension of management principles and regulations and operations procedures.
8. Prepares management studies which present findings identifying causative situations and recommending corrective action.
9. Receives, reviews, inputs finding and prepares final Army Performance Improvement Criteria (APIC).
If your resume DOES NOT includes all the items requested on this vacancy announcement, along with a narrative description of how you meet the general and specialized experience requirements, you may lose consideration for the position.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, transcripts or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
For this job announcement the following documents are required:
Transcripts (if applicable)
· Air Force: Copy of Records Review Report on Individual Person (RIP) within last 30 days;
**For applicants submitting a RIP - Please only include the pages that specify your current Rank/AFSC**
· Army: Copy of Personnel Qualification Record within last 30 days
The following documents are NOT acceptable as attachments to applications: Photographs, copies of position descriptions, training certificates, performance ratings (civilian or military), award certificates or letters of appreciation.
Back to top
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgment email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application is process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The categories are defined as follows:
· Best Qualified Demonstrates better overall or key knowledge, skills or abilities for a specific position.
· Well Qualified Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position, but do not necessarily meet the definition of best qualified.
· Qualified Meets the minimum qualifications standards, including any selective placement factors, for a specific position.