Job Title:Deputy Chief Learning Officer for Business Operations
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:PN-VHACO-13-835456-PS
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 06, 2013 to
Wednesday, February 20, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Term NTE 4 years|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Orlando, FL United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 835456
This is a Pay Band 2 position and the salary is capped at $173,600. There is an exception to this cap but must be approved.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
- U.S. Citizenship
- English Language Proficiency required
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing may be required
- Background and/or Security Investigation may be required
- This is a 4-year 7306 (Excepted Service) appointment.
- Reappointment is possible after initial four year term.
DUTIES:Back to top
THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT FOR THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN AMENDED FROM "A MASTERS DEGREE OR HIGHER IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS OR EDUCATION" TO "A MASTERS DEGREE OR HIGHER IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS, EDUCATION OR RELATED FIELD"
VETERANS HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
EMPLOYEE EDUCATION SYSTEM
The Deputy Chief Learning Officer (DCLO) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)/Veterans Health Administration (VHA) reports to the Chief Learning Officer (CLO), Employee Education System (EES). The EES Office is responsible for the development and implementation of administration-wide leadership and employee development policies and programs for the VHA workforce of over 260,000 employees and over 100,000 residents and trainees. The mission of EES is to provide educational services which are learner-focused, accessible, performance linked, and cost-effective to VHA employees. EES develops high quality educational programs that are driven by and closely linked to VA/VHA strategic goals. EES functions in a coordinating role, linking the various educational resources within VHA and maximizing educational resources through collaborative efforts. EES budget exceeds $97 million and the number of full-time equivalent employees is 430.5.
The DCLO works closely with the heads of major VHA components to identify training needs, develop appropriate training curricula, allocate resources by training priority, align training efforts with strategic business plans, evaluate the effectiveness of training to improve performance on the job, and strengthen and improve a variety of key business practices. Works in partnership with Department partners (e.g., the Under Secretaries, Assistant Secretaries and Staff Office Directors, as well as other senior and line managers) to ensure that VHA learning opportunities are innovative and relevant to VA and VHA mission needs, focused on enhanced performance, and provide a positive return on agency investment. The DCLO ensures the VHA learning organization functions in accordance with sound business practices, clinical priorities, and human capital priorities.
***A RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE OFFERED***
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Knowledge/Experience Required for the Position:
(1) Expert knowledge of the principles and practices related to simulation learning programs, educational technology/distributed learning programs and business operations associated with employee education and training programs.
(2) Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, process improvement, and information technology and infrastructure management.
(3) Demonstrated ability in using analytical evaluative techniques, project management skills, forecasting, and metrics to benchmark and measure success.
(4) A solid working knowledge of computer based training, online training programs, eLearning via Virtual World platforms and traditional classroom training in combination for continuous advancements in learning.
(5) Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with persons representing widely divergent backgrounds and interests such as: stakeholders, customers in other Federal or State agencies; the medical community; civic, professional, Veterans and similar organizations; Members of Congress; representatives of the news media; and the general public.
This position requires a Masters degree or higher in information systems, education or related degree.
Certification in Healthcare Information Management Systems is desired.
NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the United States Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards your qualifications for this position. You can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Complete application packages will be reviewed to determine if the basic qualifications for this position have been met. A listing of candidates who meet the basic qualifications requirements will be forwarded to the hiring office where the screening process is completed.