Skills and Knowledge:
Must have skill and knowledge to perform tasks involving several procedures and be able to concentrate on work assignments despite interruptions and distractions. A working knowledge of sanitation standards is required as well as knowledge of procedures to prevent contamination. Must know basic food handling techniques, personal hygiene standards and safe work procedures. Must have the ability to read and understand written material. Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals. Ability to apportion, weigh, and measure foods properly and to use electrical appliances, grills, stoves, ovens, and other common kitchen equipment and utensils. Ability to operate a cash register, run a snack bar and drive a food cart.
Experience or training that indicates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position consistent with acceptable practices of the trade including but not limited to:
1. Ability to work without more than normal supervision.
2. Ability to keep things neat, clean, and in order.
3. Possess basic food preparation and handling techniques.
4. Ability to interpret verbal and written instructions.
5. Knowledge of basic sanitation principles.
6. Ability to use and maintain kitchen tools and equipment.
Age is 21 years or older.
Light to heavy physical effort is required. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds. Incumbent must have the mental, physical, oral, and audio ability to perform all of the duties of this job in both a satisfactory and safe manner. There are requirements to walk, stoop, bend, pull, push, and reach, frequently and to stand for long periods of time. May be required to work on ladders and use power cleaning equipment.
Experience in a casual dining restaurant, banquet catering facility, golf facility and/or bowling facility.
*Only applicants that meet the minimum Qualifications, Age Requirement, Physical Requirement and Best Qualified Requirement will be sent on a referral*
Conditions of employment:
1. This is a Flexible position. Flexible employees may work 0 -40 hours per week on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Employees are required to attend Team member Orientaiton within the first 30 days of employment.
7. Email address is required.
8. You must provide proof of citizenship (birth certificate, valid passport, report of birth abroad or certificate of naturalization.
9. 21 years of age or older.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.