You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-11 is defined as one year of experience at the GS-09 level, or equivalent, that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position is experience with IT audit and security assessment related activities.
Examples of specialized experience could include:
- performing or assisting in the evaluation internal controls
- performing or assisting in the evaluation of operating and security practices
- preparing or assisting with the preparation or review of audit and compliance documents
- performing or assisting with vulnerability assessments of computer networks and information systems
OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:
For the GS-11 level: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three (3) full
academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a
degree. (In order to be creditable, education must be related to the position being
filled with a major study of computer science, information science, information
systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or engineering,
or course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs
and systems and provided knowledge equivalent to a major in the computer field.)
Attach a copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned to ensure proper credit.
Specialized experience for the GS-12 is defined as one year of experience at the GS-11 level, or equivalent, that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position is experience with IT audit and security assessment related activities.
Examples of specialized experience could include:
- evaluating internal controls
- evaluating operating and security practices
- preparing or reviewing audit and compliance documents
- performing vulnerability assessments of computer networks and information systems
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must demonstrate they have experience in each of the four competencies described below. The experience has to be IT-related.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents. We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical Skills, Analytical Skills, Organization and Planning Skills and Communication Skills. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.