Job Title:Program Clerk (Office Automation)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Job Announcement Number:24PQ-2013-0079
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, February 01, 2013 to
Friday, February 08, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Term, not to exceed 13 months; may be extended up to 4 years.|
|1 vacancy -
Ponce, RQView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This announcement is open to all United States citizens.|
Relocation expenses will not be paid. This position is located in a Plant Protection and Quarantine office. The incumbent performs various clerical support and typing duties to assist in the unit's operation.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months. (Appointment may be extended up to 4 years without reannouncing.) For more details click: Term Appointments
APHIS is an emergency response agency. This means that all Agency employees may be asked or assigned to participate in rotating temporary duty assignments to support emergency programs at some time during their careers with APHIS. For details click: APHIS Emergency Response
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Receives visitors and telephone calls, determines the nature of the requests, and directs callers to the appropriate official or provides the information desired on routine or procedural matters of the office.
- Aids in establishing and maintaining file systems of general and program-related material by coding materials, filing, locating, and retrieving materials and disposing of material according to standard procedures.
- Maintains inventory in accordance with instructions to ensure an adequate supply of forms, supplies, etc.
- Consolidates purchase requests and prepares and types requisitions.
- Prepares Time and Attendance (T&A) checklist for permanent and temporary employees from T&As submitted and reconciles checklist with personnel printout.
- Consolidates statistical data from reports submitted by field units and maintains the data to prepare various periodic and financial reports as instructed.
- Types letters, memorandums, reports, and other forms of materials from rough drafts and/or oral instructions into final form with responsibility for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, you MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below and/or the SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE requirements.
GS-4: Two years of coursework above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. For more information on submitting transcripts, click: Transcripts.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4 GRADE LEVEL
Applicants must have one year of general experience defined as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of this position. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, federal) sectors. Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as work unit time keeper, revising electronic time and attendance records for employees and producing related reports, including leave audits.
- Performing data entry, entering work unit program figures into electronic web-based database, and producing related reports, including graphical representations.
- Maintaining office filing systems, including coding, filing, locating, retrieving, and disposing of materials in accordance with a records management system.
- Maintaining applicant documents.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4 GRADE LEVEL
Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following: Combining Education and Experience for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans' documents required to receive veterans' preference.
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of one-year trial period.
- Applicants must be qualified typists (40 WPM).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To preview questions please click here.
- Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your resume must support that you meet the specialized experience requirements described above and are proficient in the following skills or competencies below. Please note you are not required to provide specific narrative responses to the skills and competencies described in this section.
- Knowledge of correspondence, document processing, records, files, and reports, including those regulated by the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act
- Ability to provide executive assistance and representation
- Ability to identify priorities and changing work requirements, meet deadlines, and lead others
- Knowledge of budget, fiscal, procurement, vehicle, and travel procedures and systems
- Knowledge of human resource management procedures, requirements, and systems, including time and attendance reporting
- Ability to evaluate and improve clerical and office administration policies, procedures, and practices
- Written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.