To qualify for the SV-G Pay Band (equivalent to GS-11), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-F Pay Band or GS-9 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes:
- assisting in the coordination of maintenance problems, interpreting and evaluating maintenance requirements, and assessing operational capabilities of screening equipment;
- assisting in planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating programs in a test and/or operational environment (i.e., checked baggage, passenger screening, and cargo screening systems); and
- assisting in evaluating a screening system, process, or technology to determine operational effectiveness and suitability in an operational environment.
Education: Completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in a related field; or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M., if related.
Combining Education and experience: Combinations of successfully completed progressively higher level graduate education (beyond the second year) and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements, and may be computed by first determining the total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the band level; then determining the education as a percentage of the education required for the band level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for the position.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: Education at the graduate level in an accredited college or university in the amounts indicated above meets the requirements for this position. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. One (1) year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement.
Applicants who meet the qualifications listed above based on education or a combination of education and experience must provide proof of education, such as a list of completed college courses or the date and school of degree (including the number of semester or quarter hours) or transcript(s) from an accredited college or university.
The information must be provided as an attachment to the application by the closing date of the announcement. If selected, you must supply a transcript(s) or certification of degree.
To qualify for the SV-H Pay Band (equivalent to GS-12), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-G Pay Band or GS-11 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes:
- applying knowledge of industrial types of networks (i.e. Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), and Programmable Logics Controllers (PLCs)), and ensuring proper equipment configurations are followed during installation, operation, and maintenance functions;
- operational experience in operating, maintaining, and integrating various inline screening processes and technologies (i.e. Checked Baggage Inspection Systems (CBISs), Cargo Screening Systems (CSS), and Baggage Handling Systems (BHS)) in determining operational effectiveness and suitability; and
- experience in deploying and integrating Transportation Security Technology in order to ensure proper equipment installations are performed by equipment vendors or contractors, and maintenance or modification actions are properly performed.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans' Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
To preview questions please click here.