Job Title:Human Resource Specialist
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
Job Announcement Number:CT-13-016 (834999)
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, January 30, 2013 to
Friday, March 01, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Niantic, CT United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Areas I & II|
CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: CTARNG Training Center (CTC), Niantic, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the senior personnel NCO and have responsibility for overseeing and ensuring the accomplishment of work performed in the areas of personnel management and administration.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Must meet Compatible Military Assignment within one year from placement.
- Wear of the military uniform is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
DUTIES:Back to top
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as an advisor to the commander and staff on the brigade human resources (HR) program.
- Develop guidelines and operational procedures to implement changes to policies and programs directed by higher headquarters.
- Accomplishes or reviews a variety of military HR transactions including appointments, enlistments, flagging actions, reassignments, separations, promotions, duty assignments, transfers, medical evaluations, security clearances, awards and decorations, retirements, etc., and forwards actions to a higher level military personnel office.
- Implements the Enlisted Promotion System (EPS) at the command level.
- Controls the organizations medical readiness programs.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume and any other supporting documentation you wish to provide must clearly substantiate you currently possess 24 months of specialized experience in the following:
- Experience involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, fundamental military human resource management principles and practices; and standardized analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in order to provide technical expertise and guidance as well as management advisory services to resolve factual and procedural issues within the particular area of assignment.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable regulations relating to the field of military human resources management to provide regulatory guidance and recommendations on personnel actions (i.e. discharges, promotions, flagging actions, reassignments, reductions, awards and decorations, personnel evaluation reports, military code violations, LOD investigations/determinations, benefits, etc)..
- Knowledge and ability to research and analyze information where judgment is required when only the spirit or intent of governing regulation is available
- Knowledge of administrative and personnel actions to conduct subordinate unit inspections and assistance visits, identify trends, conduct analysis, and develop recommendations to enhance personnel readiness.
- Knowledge of personnel authorizations, unit manning documents, and duty assignment requirements and criteria sufficient to maintain personnel readiness levels.
- Knowledge of personnel deployment requirements to inspect individual mobilization files, review and monitor the status of subordinate units personnel and medical deployment requirements. Provide feedback to command for follow-up action.
- Knowledge of administrative medical actions to provide procedural guidance to organizational personnel in the management of LODs, periodic health assessments, profiles, medical MOS retention boards, fitness for duty boards, and vaccinations. Knowledge of procedural and regulatory guidelines required to advise LOD investigating officers.
- Knowledge of organizational strength maintenance procedures to assist in the performance, coordination, and support of recruiting activities.
- Knowledge of officer and enlisted promotion systems sufficient to provide procedural guidance and to review packets for accuracy.
- Knowledge of accession and appointment requirements for officer and warrant officer candidates.
- Knowledge of administrative regulations sufficient to train organizational personnel in the administration of postage accounts, file systems, publications, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of office automation programs sufficient to manipulate database and spreadsheet information in a format as required by the organization. Ability to use automated or manual systems for preparing of reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with individuals, supervisors, and management.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: All applications will be considered regardless of Branch/AOC/FA/MOS. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to compatible military position within 1 year of selection. The selected individual may be required to attend formal technician school training.
- MILITARY GRADE (Prior to application): Enlisted: E-7 and below
- COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: CMF: 42
- UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT: Any unit within the State
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please ensure you follow all instructions carefully. Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Applicant must ensure resume and any other required supporting documentation clearly portrays that s/he meets the required experience level for the position.