Job Title: Electronics Equipment Repair InspectorJob Announcement Number: CT-13-015 (834686)
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 to
Friday, March 01, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Groton, CT United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
AREAS I & II
CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: 1109th Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to assure quality maintenance and repair of aircraft systems consisting of avionics, electrical, electronic and instrument components.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Must meet Compatible Military Assignment within one year from placement.
- Wear of the military uniform is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
DUTIES:Back to top
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects aircraft systems consisting of avionics, electrical, electronic and instrument systems and components.
- Performs initial, in-process and final inspections on aircraft system and components, as necessary, to assure a continuing quality of workmanship meeting technical specifications established by technical manuals.
- Reviews new and interprets existing technical publications applicable to inspection, modification, and repair of aircraft systems.
- When designated on NGB Flying Status orders, may participate in aerial flights which are defined by applicable Army publications as Maintenance Test Flights.
- Performs such travel as may be required in accomplishment of assigned duties and the organizational mission.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of electrical or electronic theory, knowledge of common testing procedures, skill in the use of hand tools of the electronics trade, and skill in reading schematics.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume and any other supporting documentation you wish to provide must clearly substantiate you currently possess 18 months of specialized experience in the following:
- Experience in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic systems or equipment.
- Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic equipment or systems.
- Experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment.
- Experience in using complex test equipment such as deviation meters, complex special test panels, etc.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Study successfully completed in a college, university, technical or vocational school may be substituted for experience at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of experience. Course work must be directly related to the work of Electronics.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to install, repair and maintain electronic systems or equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning electronic equipment and systems and determine the level and method of repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and precision measuring equipment.
- Skill in using diagnostic and testing equipment.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals, illustrations, specifications, diagrams, make repairs and modifications.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: All applications will be considered regardless of Branch/AOC/FA/MOS. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to compatible military position within 1 year of selection. The selected individual may be required to attend formal technician school training.
- MILITARY GRADE (Prior to appointment): Warrant Officer: W01 through CW3; Enlisted: E-6 through E-9
- COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT:
WMOS: 151A/E, 948B; ENL MOS: 15F/N, 94E/H/L/R
- UNIT OF ASSIGNMENT: 1109th TASMG
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: This position is covered by the medical monitoring program. Individual selected must undergo a preemployment physical examination prior to appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please ensure you follow all instructions carefully. Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Applicant must ensure resume and any other required supporting documentation clearly portrays that s/he meets the required experience level for the position.