Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the qualifications questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
8347991. Title of Job
FINANCIAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grade for this position is:
0811. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Financial Services Technician21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
294040051 Jefferson City, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Do you possess experience, education or training in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work which demonstrates your ability to communicate with individuals at different levels in order to assist and provide information; and experience using computers and automated systems?
2. Do you possess 18 months of specialized experience which demonstrates your ability to provide analysis, validate, process and correct financial transactions and issues/problems involving a full range of financial services; and summarize, analyze and evaluate financial data? The specialized experience must indicate you possess a comprehensive knowledge of various integrated automated financial systems to perform complicated evaluations of pay actions and to troubleshoot problem disbursements; and knowledge of commercial contract payment processing, receiving and invoicing procedures to compute commercial vendor payments.. Experience in obtaining and interpreting information, organizing and developing clear and meaningful written information.
3. IF YOU ANSWERED NO TO QUESTION 2, do you possess a combination of undergraduate level education in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours in fields directly related to the type of work of the position AND 6 months of specialized experience such as that described above in Question 2?
4. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Performed broad-in-depth financial analysis of inter-related accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable, and various travel entitlements, using multiple procedures, processes and techniques to evaluate alternatives and arrive at decisions, conclusions and recommendations.
6. Analyzed diverse financial management technical methods, techniques, precedent cases, and procedures to resolve an extensive range of difficult financial technical issues or problems.
7. Performed in-depth analysis, complicated pay, travel, and accounts payable issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolved issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions.
8. Utilized experience and judgment, rather than guides, to fill in gaps, identify sources of information, and made working suppositions about what transpired to decide approaches, and resolve specific problems.
9. Developed variations in approaches to fit specific problems or dealt with incomplete, unreliable or conflicting data in the process of work performance in order to validate transactions and resolve inconsistencies.
10. Analyzed particular facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verified and evaluated data; obtained additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and applied pertinent fiscal laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution.
11. Performed research regarding many different and unrelated processes and methods relating to financial transactions for analysis of complex and unusual financial transactions.
12. Analyzed and resolved tax processing problems based on soldier inquiries or internal control audits/reviews, ranging from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) issues and combat tax exclusion pay to refunds of erroneous tax collections.
13. Ensured complex tax issues involving tax documents, Do It Yourself (DITY) moves, and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) payments were accomplished accurately and timely.
14. Interpreted data to identify problems, determined nature of the problem or issue, decided approaches to use to resolve issues, and recommended solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations.
15. Used independent judgment to reconstruct incomplete files, devise more efficient methods for procedural processing, gather and organize information for inquiries, or resolve problems referred by others.
16. Interpreted user requirements in designing new ad hoc reports or modifications to standard financial and management systems, resulting from regulatory, system, or force structure changes.
17. Researched, interpreted, analyzed, and applied regulations, policies, procedures and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex financial issues/problems.
18. Performed or conducted research, investigated and solved problems involving reconciliations of discrepancies (Electronic Funds Transfer rejects, pay/personnel/travel mismatches) to identify, analyze and provide solutions regarding multiple entitlements, payments to personnel in various duty statuses and assorted payments to commercial vendors, including computation of interest due.
19. Sorted complicated factual information and applied a variety of financial methods to resolve issues.
20. Performed complicated actions to solve problems associated with processing actions regarding multiple pay, travel, and accounts payable financial systems.
21. Determined appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting from multiple military and civilian statuses, to include: Title 10 active duty; Title 32 Inactive Duty for Training (IDT), Annual Training (AT), Active Duty for Training (ADT), Active Guard and Reserve (AGR), and Active Duty for Operational Support (ADOS (includes Defense Support to Civilian Authorities (DSCA) operations).
22. Executed unique and special pay and entitlement actions in order to provide the appropriate entitlements, such as Base Pay; Basic Allowance, Housing (BAH); Basic Allowance, Subsistence (BAS); Incapacitation Pay (INCAP); Family Separation Allowance (FSA); Hazardous Duty Pay; Hostile Fire Pay; Combat Zone Tax Exclusion (CZTE); Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP); Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP); incentive (bonus) pay; Invitational Travel Authorization (ITA); Jury Duty; child support; wage garnishments; allotments; survivor benefits; and incentive pays (Jump Pay, Medical Pay, Flight Pay, Foreign Language Proficiency Pay).
23. Analyzed and processed transactions directly with U.S. Treasury and local financial institutions to ensure credits and collections were accomplished in a timely manner in accordance with law, regulation and policy.
24. Applied information derived from personnel management systems to ensure proper pay and entitlements to Soldiers and civilians.
25. Supported Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) with face to face interviews to conduct personal records review and ensure effective transition to Title 10 duty with accurate pay and entitlements.
26. Used computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes while protecting historical data.
27. Ensured accuracy of modifications relating to payments, contract modifications, accessions, separations, collections, disbursements, garnishments, electronic fund transfer changes, and out of service debts or other actions involving complicated adjustments.
28. Determined appropriate travel entitlements for multiple duty statuses and situations including Temporary Duty (TDY), local travel, and Permanent Change of Station (PCS).
29. Determined appropriate payments to vendors by applying Prompt Payment Act, tax law, contract law, account code structure, invoice processes, and Grants and Cooperative Agreement regulations and guidelines.
30. Audited the full range of pay, travel, and accounts payable authorizations and entitlements to determine compliance with multiple laws, regulations, policies and issuances.
31. Scheduled, run, and analyzed various financial system reports, such as daily activity reports, error/reject reports, status reports, discrepancy and mismatch reports, transaction reports, and ad hoc reports.