Job Title:Systems Risk Analyst
Agency:Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Job Announcement Number:CFTC-DMO-2013-0026
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, January 30, 2013 to
Friday, March 01, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|2 vacancies in the following location(s):|
District Of Columbia County, DC, USView Map
Chicago, IL, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|We will accept applications from U.S. Citizens. Applicants with status or those eligible under special hiring authorities, should apply under CFTC Merit Promotion announcement CFTC-DMO-2013-0027. However if you desire consideration also and this public non-status announcement, you must apply to both. (Status applicants are current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.)|
Apply now for an exciting opportunity at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). With an expanded mission and authority to include oversight of the swap markets integrity, transparency and preventing and prosecuting fraud, manipulation and other abuse in the futures and options markets. Please visit www.cftc.gov to learn more about the CFTC.
The incumbent serves as a Systems Risk Analyst in the Division of Market Oversight’s Examinations Branch, and is responsible for supporting and conducting reviews of the electronic systems and the business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities of existing and new applicants for designation as exchanges, swap data repositories, and swap execution facilities.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Systems Risk Analyst you will support regular technology examinations of the electronic systems and the business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities of existing Designated Contract Markets, Swap Execution Facilities, and Swap Data Repositories, and review applications for designation in those categories. Your duties will include:
- Participating in examinations of existing Designated Contract Markets (DCMs), Swap Execution Facilities (SEFs), and Swap Data Repositories (SDRs) as well as reviews of applications by entities to become registered as DCMs, SEFs, or SDRs. Topic areas include: (1) Information security; (2) Business continuity and disaster recovery planning and resources; (3) Capacity and performance planning; (4) System operations (including configuration and event management); (5) Systems development and quality assurance; (6) Physical security and environmental controls; and (7) Enterprise risk management and internal audit.
- Meeting with officials and representatives of DCMs, SEFs, and SDRs concerning aspects of such reviews or concerning review findings, and participating in the Division’s assessment of the efficacy and timeliness of corrective actions by reviewed entities.
- Preparing reports to the Commission regarding review findings and recommendations made for eliminating weaknesses identified.
- Preparing technology profiles of Exchanges, selecting and summarizing key information contained in the documentation obtained during reviews.
- Assisting with ongoing special projects and with development of the Division’s market continuity program, including its review guidelines, procedures, and assessment tools.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-7 or equivalent level to qualify at the GS-9, with commensurately greater experience for applicants applying at Grades 11 and 12. Specialized experience is described as experience in any or all of the areas below:
- Planning, conducting, or reporting on compliance or management control reviews of complex electronic systems.
- Working with the IT and/or business sides of technologically complex entities.
- Information security.
- Network design or implementation.
- Systems capacity and performance planning.
- System operations (including configuration, change and/or event management).
- Systems development and quality assurance.
- Physical security and environmental controls.
- Enterprise risk management and internal audit.
This position is open to all current and former tenured Federal candidates.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under CFTC Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles. To preview questions please click here.