Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service (IHS), an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services, is responsible for providing federal health services to American Indians and Alaska Natives. The IHS provides a comprehensive health services delivery system for American Indians and Alaska Natives with opportunity for maximum tribal involvement in developing and managing programs to meet their health needs.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Billings Area Indian Health Service, Fort Peck Service Unit (FPSU): Poplar, MT United States 1 vacancy
Wolf Point, MT United States 1 vacancy
Salary range: $96,690.00-$125,695.00 (Annually)
Promotion potential: None
Merit Promotion Position: Yes
Travel Required: Yes; occasional
Supervisory/Managerial Position: No
Relocation Expenses Paid: Paid - Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid primarily in the interest of the government and not in the interest of the selected employee. Employee will be required to sign a one-year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one-year service agreement may require repayment of relocation expense allowances.
Is drug testing required?: No
Is government housing available?: No
Is this a bargaining unit position?: No
Professional Licensure?: Yes
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
WHO MAY APPLY:
To be eligible for this position under the Delegated Examining (DE) hiring plan, you must be a U.S. Citizen. - visit firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Who May Apply
***This position is also being announced under Announcement # IHS-13-BI-833793-ESEP/MP for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.***
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
· Prescribing Psychotropic medications, provides consultation services for psychotropic medications.
· Provide clinical and preventative services to children and families in coordination with local agencies and schools, including individual and group psychotherapy, mental status evaluations, crisis intervention, suicide assessments, psychological testing, and consultation with a multi-disciplinary treatment staff.
· Coordination of services with providers, agencies, families and individuals.
· Develops effective case management services for child abuse, suicide, family violence, chemical dependency and chronically mentally ill clients.
· Collaborates with tribal and IHS chemical dependency programs, BIA Social Services, Tribal Court and community mental health center programs to develop comprehensive services and provide continuity of patient care.