All applicants must meet the qualification requirements of this position by the closing date of the job announcement: Tuesday, December 31, 2013
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: Selective factors are knowledge, skills, abilities, or special qualifications that are in addition to the minimum requirements in a qualification standard, but are determined to be essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of a particular position. APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT MEET THE FOLLOWING SELECTIVE FACTOR ARE INELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION: A COPY OF THIS LICENSURE MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Clinical Psychologist: Must possess and maintain a valid, current, unrestricted license or certification in a State.
Degree: major or equivalent in psychology for all specializations except clinical psychology. The specialization has additional educational requirements, as stated below:
Clinical psychology -- For positions at grades GS-11 and above, satisfactory completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required.
Experience and Education:
In addition to meeting the basic entry qualification requirements, applicants must have specialized experience and/or directly related education in the amounts shown below:
GS-14: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level.
Specialized Experience: For GS-14 level, you must have one year of experience (equivalent to the GS-13) that included duties such as:
· Demonstrated experience independently prescribing psychotropic medications in an appropriate manner, monitoring patients responses to medication, and adjusting medications as needed.
· serve as consultants to other staff clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, nurses, social workers, nursing assistant staff, and other staff in their given work area.
· promote and preserve a psychotherapeutic atmosphere among the professional treatment staff, participate in developing treatment programs for patients, and advise and consult with all levels of professional staff concerning psychological characteristics and behavior changes of clients.
· provide advice regarding appropriate staff responses toward a patient or specific environmental factors which will stimulate more self-reliance, reduce anxiety, or achieve more socially adaptable behavior patterns.
· Provide consultation to community resources and/or to segments of the organization other than those to which he is primarily assigned.
· Function as an authoritative source of information in the use and prescription of psychological drugs.
· Prescribe medications as appropriate, monitor patients responses to medication, and adjust medications as needed.
· Perform their functions in a mature fashion with full professional responsibility for the psychological treatment plan for the patient.
· keep abreast of new concepts and techniques in their specialty areas and apply them as appropriate in direct services work.
· Performing psycho-diagnosis and psychotherapy at a level of professional maturity for the full range of mentally disturbed patients.
· Make psychological assessments, and present diagnostic and treatment recommendations to the professional team.
· Formulate patient treatment plans, contributing their knowledge of psychological and personality assessment and evaluation.
· Utilize any therapeutic technique or combination of techniques indicated by the specific needs of the patient.
· Organize, structure, and conduct group therapy sessions, consulting with the professional treatment team on the selection of patients and objectives to be sought.
· Keep their superiors informed of the status and progress of individual cases and projects.
· Make decisions on the course of action that is professionally sound in light of current scientific information.
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENT: Federal status applicants must have completed at least 52 weeks of service in a position no more than one grade lower than the position to be filled. If selected under the Excepted Service Examining Plan, individuals may be appointed without regard to time-in-grade requirements.
NOTE: Education and experience may be combined for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
You must provide the required information during the online application process; if any of the following are missing when the announcement closes we will deem your application incomplete:
- Resume complete in USAJOBS
- Responses to Questionnaire
- Applicable Supporting Documentation (see Required documents section in this announcement for more details)
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The HHS Careers system simplifies the Federal application process by replacing the former KSA job-element statements with on-line self-assessment questions. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications requirements will be invited to complete an on-line questionnaire assessing the following:
· Planning & Evaluating
· Technical - Psychology
· Technical - Medical Prescribing
· Oral Communication
If found qualified, your score will range from 70-100 points (not including points that may be assigned for Veterans' Preference). We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. You will be deemed well qualified if you score 85 and above.
We will review your resume to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of three quality categories:
Best Qualified Category -- Meet the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most requirements of the position
Well Qualified Category -- Meets the minimum qualifications requirements and meets most requirements of the position.
Qualified Category -- Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but do not possess the relevant competencies to a substantive degree.
Names of candidates in the Best Qualified Category will be sent to the Hiring Manager for employment consideration.
If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veteran's preference you are claiming on your resume, and ensure you submit the appropriate documentation prior to the closing date. If you are entitled to veterans' preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above qualified non-preference eligibles in your assigned category. Qualified veterans' preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job. For information on entitlement, see http:www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
For I/CTAP purposes, you will be deemed well-qualified if you are placed in at least the well-qualified category.