Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the qualifications questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
8346541. Title of Job
MAINTENANCE TEST PILOT2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Air National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Air National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grade for this position is:
1211. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Maintenance Test Pilot21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
292855169 Fort Leonard Wood, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Are you a rated pilot on flying status; proficient in the unit assigned aircraft (or similar type aircraft), possess the flying time established by gaining command criteria, and the certificates and ratings required of the position?
2. Are you currently an aviator with a minimum of 3 years experience in performing maintenance operation checks and limited and general test flights of aircraft; experience that demonstrates your ability to manage a quality control program; possess a current instrument flying certificate; and are thoroughly familiar with aviation safety and accident prevention procedures?
3. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
4. Are you currently a Warrant Officer or eligible for immediate appointment or reappointment in the Missouri Army National Guard?
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Performed maintenance operation checks (MOC).
6. Performed limited and general test flights of aircraft to ensure airworthiness upon completion of extensive disassembly for maintenance, repair or replacement of components of aircraft systems.
7. Performed general or limited test flights including test flights of aircraft when ground diagnostic tests cannot determine the safe or proper functioning of aircraft components or systems.
8. Performed acceptance test flights of new aircraft.
9. Planned and directed a quality control management program.
10. Did immediate and long-range planning for all matters pertaining to quality control.
11. Planned and established quality control operations and procedures for the application of Modification Work Orders (MWO) and Technical Bulletins (TB).
12. Answered correspondence, prepared reports and furnished advice and assistance pertaining to quality control matters.
13. Ensures that Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR) were initiated and forwarded when equipment failed, deficiencies were discovered in newly received equipment or equipment improvements were proposed.
14. Oversaw the local aspects of the Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP).
15. Inspected shop facilities, management practices, fire prevention plans, ventilation systems, lighting systems and aircraft and equipment records to assure proper shop and flight line safety for personnel and equipment in the maintenance area of operations.
16. Advised and made recommendations to the facility commander on quality control matters.
17. Exercised supervisory responsibility for one or two subordinate workers engaged in technical inspection of the aircraft.
18. Accomplished performance ratings.
19. Authorized and approved leave requests for personnel.
20. Interviewed and recommended job applicants for vacant positions within area of responsibility.
21. Informed subordinates on features of personnel management and employee relations such as the appeal and grievance rights.
22. Exercised overall technical responsibility for the performance of subordinate workers in such endeavors as precision measuring and test equipment calibration and certification.
23. Exercised overall technical responsibility for the performance of subordinate workers in such endeavors as maintenance of the technical publications library.
24. Exercised overall technical responsibility for the performance of subordinate workers in such endeavors as taking samples for the AOAP.
25. Exercised overall technical responsibility for the performance of subordinate workers in such endeavors as inspection of aircraft maintenance work for conformance to established quality standards.
26. Exercised overall technical responsibility for the performance of subordinate workers in such endeavors as conducting tear down inspection to determine causes of deficiencies.