Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the qualifications questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
8346391. Title of Job
MATERIALS HANDLER2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grade for this position is:
0611. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 MATERIALS HANDLER21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
294040051 Jefferson City, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Do you possess experience, education, or training which demonstrates your ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using handtrucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other handtrucks; and to follow orally and written instructions?
2. Do you possess 18 months of specialized experience in receiving, packaging and preparing for shipment, compilation of reports, and overall warehousing procedures; setting up and rotating storage location considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.; performing inventory and inspections to determine serviceability of stocked items; and interpreting and applying written instructions, reference materials, publications, and manuals?
3. IF YOU ANSWERED NO TO QUESTION 2, do you possess a combination of college, university, technical or vocational school education at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) in courses directly related to this position AND 12 months of experience such as that described above in Question 2?
4. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
5. Performed a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment.
6. Assisted in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement and traffic flow.
7. Participated in developing storage and space utilization plans in accordance with materials storage areas in large warehouse facilities.
8. Ensured the safe receipt, storage, and movement of hazardous items such as ammunition, explosives, chemicals, or radioactive materials in accordance with facility and regulatory requirements in large warehouse facilities.
9. Served as the senior non-supervisory worker of the facility in a small warehouse.
10. Laid out storage space, established item locations, determined organization and arrangement of stock, identified high and low usage items.
11. Served as the senior member of a warehouse project team comprised of material handlers involved in a special project such as relocating a major commodity or equipment group, or setting up a new commodity group area.
12. Prepared items for processing, utilized appropriate Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) such as computer terminal and bar code reader to read, store, track and prepare material documentation.
13. Performed classification inspections for material within range of authority.
14. Ensured formal accountability when receiving, storing or issuing.
15. Ensured that special documentation remained with materials throughout the storage/issue process, i.e. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI) certificate, and applicable annexes, Departments of Army Form 581, Ammunition residue certificate.
16. Performed quality assurance inspections of materials in storage.
17. Prepared a variety of supply documents and reports.
18. Coordinated incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area.
19. Scheduled personnel to facilitate movement in accordance with priorities, scheduling requirements and space allocations.
20. Operated large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as cargo tractors.
21. Operated large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as stake trucks
22. Operated large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as mobile cranes.
23. Operated large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as forklifts ranging in size up to 10,000 lbs.
24. Prepared inventory and production reports.
25. Screened and identified shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies.
26. Directed shipments to shipping or storage areas.
27. Stored hazardous materials.
28. Knowledge of specialized handling, storing, and safety procedures.
29. Operated numerous hand and stationary power tools.
30. Identified, examined, classified, accepted and disposed of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies.
31. Determined physical condition and serviceability of material and property.
32. Checked stock numbers and part numbers in supply catalogs to adequately identify property.
33. Advised supervisor about inconsistent shipment information, defective material or property, and damage from shipping.
34. Prepared statements of facts pertaining to loss, damage or destruction of property.
35. Routed items to maintenance activity for technical inspections when defects, excessive wear, corrosion, missing parts or damage is discovered.