GS-9 grade level, you must also have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-7). Specialized experience is experience that is in or related to the position to be filled, which equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties described. Examples of specialized experience includes but is not limited to: knowledge of and skill in applying IT methods and procedures for documenting resolutions, maintaining problem resolution databases, troubleshooting and data analysis techniques and coordinating customer support activities sufficient to receive, respond to and ensure complete resolution of the more complex help desk call; skill in and ability to provide comprehensive software, IT systems or equipment guidance and/or training to enhance customer knowledge, as well as to prevent problematic recurrences of help desk inquiries; ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in order to present alternative resolutions to complex problems; as well as develop clear and concise IT reports and documentation; ability to plan and deliver technical support services, including troubleshooting, installation, removals, moves, systems knowledge assistance and/or training in response to customer requirements.
1. ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.3. ORAL COMMUNICATION: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.4. PROBLEM SOLVING: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
NOTE: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment
Education - A master's degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree, as follows: a degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. You will be rated on the following competencies as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position. Narrative responses are not required at this time. NOTE: A transcript or course listing must be submitted if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education. See "How to Apply" for a description of a course listing. Applications submitted without this information may not be considered.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
Experience providing customer service, technical support to customers who need advice, assistance, and training in accessing and navigating hardware and software systems utilizing the ITIL framework.
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing and provide communications that are timely, accurate, and coherent. Ability to keep supervisor and co-workers informed of issues when necessary and provide information applicable to current situations.
Knowledge of problem solving, and ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, and devise solutions to assigned problems.
Experience with IT-related work that required thorough and conscientious attention to detail, and that is factual, timely, and error free.
Experience in IT-related work that required utilizing multi-tasking skills, prioritization, collaboration, and organization in order to complete tasks within a constrained timeline.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work is both sedentary and active, requiring walking through out the medical center. Duties may require lifting, carting and carrying computer equipment such as monitors and printers weighing 20-40 pounds. May be limited crawling under desks and behind areas to gain access to equipment.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Please refer to this checklist to ensure proper accreditation and for foreign education requirements.
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, non service-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed " SF15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," (go to http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and required documentation with your application materials. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be ranked based on four quality groups, as follows:
- Best qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job;
- Well qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job; and
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
After the vacancy announcement closes, reviewed applications are evaluated against the questionnaire responses and placed in the appropriate quality group. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.