Job Title: TV Production SpecialistJob Announcement Number: EX-13-53
Agency: Broadcasting Board of Governors
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 to
Thursday, February 14, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent
1 vacancy in the following location:
Miami-Dade County, FL United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens and Non Citizens
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Introduction: Serves as a TV Production Specialist responsible for producing a wide range of television programs in Spanish to capture the attention of a Cuban audience for the TV Marti Division of the Office of Cuba Broadcasting.
AMENDED TO EXTEND CLOSING DATE
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support services; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
- Selectee to the Excepted Service must serve a two-year trail period
- Candidate MUST complete the Online Questionnaire
- Relocation expenses WILL NOT be paid
- Selectee will be subject to an investigation for suitability determination
DUTIES:Back to top
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Produces Spanish television program from inception to completion, determining program's format and manner of presentation of information.
- Develops original story lines and ideas based on objectives of TV program, recorded segments or promotion spots.
- Serves as line producer for taped and live television programs.
- Writes and evaluates scripts for assigned programs and approves post production editing.
- Develops production schedules and coordinates administrative and logistical detail of a television production.
- Coordinates facilities, equipment and staff during rehearsal and actual production giving detailed instruction to the crew.
- Participates in the daily news program planning meetings to assess news and other material on the basis of news value and interest to our audience.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Basic Qualifications: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, GS-11 and MUST have knowledge of Cuba, its people and culture including knowledge of Cuban broadcasting and listening habits and MUST be fluent in the Spanish and English languages.
Specialized experience is defined as having knowledge of a wide range of principles, practices, methods and techniques associated with the development of television programs. Examples of such experience is having developed original story lines and ideas, planned, organized and direct the production of Spanish television programs including news, entertainment, live and recorded interviews and special events towards the target audience. Demonstrated ability to work with crews, contracted services and under the pressure of deadlines.
Suitability Determination: If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
THE SELECTEE TO THE EXCEPTED SERVICE MUST SERVE A TWO-YEAR TRIAL PERIOD
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies.
To assist in determining if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Providing false information may be grounds for not selecting you or termination after appointment. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Excepted Service Procedures:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be reviewed and compared to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, your qualifications will be further reviewed by a Human Resources Specialist, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the critical experience requirements listed in this vacancy announcement. You will then be placed in one of three rating categories:
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
- Well Qualified Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Best Qualified Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated "outstanding" proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position to work of increased levels of difficulty and complexity.