SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least 26 Weeks of specialized experience at the next lower grade (WG-05) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include receiving engine and accessory parts from Disassembly, Gearbox or Assembly. Examines parts for obvious physical damage and to insure that complete disassembly has been accomplished. Based on experience in handling parts, recognizes misidentified parts and refers to supervisor for resolution. Check work control documents for completeness prior to loading baskets with parts in accordance with cleaning process tags attached by Disassemblers. Marks baskets with proper cleaning process identification in accordance with existing process order. After cleaning process has been completed, rinses parts and unloads baskets. Inspects parts for cleanliness and surface condition. For parts requiring additional processing, determines recycle-cleaning process necessary.
For FWS positions, please refer to the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of chemical and mechanical de-paint methods and techniques. Inspection techniques for corrosion and metal types. Chemical applications and blasting techniques including inspections for proper chemical and material applications.
2. Skill in cleaning, masking and masking removal techniques.
3. Knowledge of safety requirements as outlined in applicable safety standards, regulations, and technical orders. Knowledge of hazardous materials and regulatory requirements. Knowledge of the Production Acceptance Certificate (PAC) Program and its certification procedures.
4. Ability to maintain tools and select the appropriate tools and equipment. Knowledge and skill in the use of any standardized tools and test equipment needed for performance of inspection duties. Ability to clean work area and or job site during work tasks and upon completion of work.
5. Knowledge of the blue prints, specification, engineering orders, technical orders.
6. Thorough knowledge of and skill to apply applicable inspection techniques. Knowledge of inspections and procedures for confined space entries.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
The work requires moderate to strenuous effort. Must climb, bend, stoop, crawl, walk, kneeling, lift up to 50 lbs., and stand for prolonged on concrete or metal surfaces. Subject to natural extremes of weather, exposed to paint stripper, solvents, greases, acids, excessive heat, cold humidity, and chemical cleaners that aggravate respiratory conditions, and walking on rough, slippery, and uneven surfaces. Reaching above shoulders. Both legs required. Operations of man lift, truck, tug, tractor, or motor vehicle. Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Near Vision correctable at 13 inches to 16 inches to Jaeger 1 to 4. Both eyes required. Depth perception. Ability to distinguish basic colors, ability to distinguish shades of color. Must be able to work in all areas that have noise levels of 85 decibels. Must give full support to all emergency work requirements such as compressions of production schedules. May be required to work day, swing, or grave yard shifts.
Outside and inside (other than normal commuting). Excessive hear. Excessive humidity, Excessive cold, Excessive dampness or chilling. Must pass respirator test. Excessive noise, intermittent, must be able to work in noise level areas exceeding 85 decibels. Dust, Silica, asbestos, etc. fumes, smoke or gases. Solvents (degreasing agents). Grease and oils. Electrical energy. Slippery or uneven walking surfaces. Working around machinery with moving parts. Moving objects or vehicles. Working on ladders or scaffolding. Unusual fatigue factor, including: Required to wear air supplied respirator. Working with hands in water. Vibration and squeezing. Working closely with others. Working alone. Eye hazards. Required to wear safety devices as prescribed by AFOSH or OSA and other appropriate safety standards and regulations. These may include but are not limited to protective clothing, safety lanyards, masks, and respirator. Required to work up to heights of 40 feet or more. Required to enter confined spaces.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTORS:
1. May be required to work overtime, rotating shifts, uncommon tours, weekends, etc.
2. The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate valid drivers license may be required.
3. May be required to travel IAW Joint Travel Regulations.
4. May be required to provide training to lesser experience employees.
5. May wear safety equipment.
6. May be required to pass physical
7. May be required to sign off 781 aircraft records.
8. May be required to work on classified aircraft.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING
You will be rated based on the extent to which your experience on your resume meets the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for the position and rated as shown below.
Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the position.
Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum specialized experience requirements for the position.
Basically Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum specialized experience requirements for the position.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.