GS-15: Incumbent must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. An example of specialized experience may include, but is not limited to: designing, planning, or advising as a technical expert in branding and execution of national marketing and mass communication campaigns; developing informational materials for dissemination to the general public or specialized target groups through the media; analyzing complex marketing research findings, program implications, policies and regulations, and developing appropriate information materials and programs based on this analysis.
Education may not be subsituted for experience for this position.
If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), submit the following proof of your eligibility: Your reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a Standard Form 50 reflecting your RIF separation, or notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. Also submit a copy of your Notification of Personnel Action which shows the grade level, duty location and promotion potential of the career or career-conditional position from which you have been or will be separated, and a copy of your last performance rating of record. To be found well-qualified for special selection priority by SBA, you must meet the minimum qualifications and receive at least 85 possible points for the quality ranking factors.
If you are a current Federal employee applying for promotion under SBA's Merit Promotion and Placement Plan, you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in positions not more than one grade lower than the position being filled. You must meet this requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
Occasional travel is required; occasional evening and weekend travel may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will recieve a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here TAG:Link to Questions Only). If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. You will be rated on the following factors:
- Ability to supervise a staff of six or more employees.
- Skill in writing and/or editing as well as directing the writing.
- Ability to conduct or manage research designs.
- Ability to communite orally.
If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-Competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the Supplemental Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link TAG:Link to Questions Only. You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the questionnaire.