Job Title:Transportation Specialist, GS-2101-13 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) DB
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Job Announcement Number:FMCSA.E-2013-0003
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, January 29, 2013 to
Monday, February 04, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: FMCSA.E-2013-0004.|
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) was established as a separate administration within the U.S. Department of Transportation on January 1, 2000, pursuant to the Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act of 1999. Our primary mission is to reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks and buses. FMCSA is headquartered in Washington, DC. We employ more than 1,000 individuals, in all 50 States and the District of Columbia, dedicated to improving bus and truck safety and saving lives.
Position is located in the Compliance Division, Office of Enforcement and Compliance, AA for Enforcement, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Department of Transportation.
The primary responsibility of the FMCSA is to reduce motor carrier accidents and injuries on our Nation’s highways. The Compliance Division helps achieve this goal by developing and ensuring implementation of national enforcement and compliance policies and programs which are delivered through the FMCSA Field Division Offices. In addition, the Compliance Division is responsible for developing national safety programs in response to legislative mandates and/or regulatory changes that may impact on the Agency’s enforcement program.
The ideal candidate has comprehensive knowledge of the advanced principles of motor carrier transportation safety and related FMCSA programs in order to serve as a technical authority on national safety programs.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement also advertised to status applicants: FMCSA.E-2013-0004
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Transportation Specialist, you will:
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of field operations (both State and Federal activities and programs) as it relates to implementation of enforcement activities and the national motor carrier program.
- Develop policy guidance to the field offices on a wide variety of enforcement and compliance issues.
- Review proposed legislation and regulations to determine impact on enforcement and compliance program.
- Provide advice and guidance in the formulation, planning, development and implementation of a wide variety of compliance policy issues including inter-modal equipment provider (IEP) policies and procedures.
- Conduct analyses of field enforcement activities and motor carrier and highway safety programs through monitoring and review of field evaluation data.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience in applying knowledge of commercial motor vehicle safety for planning, developing, and implementing enforcement policies, practices, and procedures; AND
- Experience in planning and developing activities to improve uniformity and consistency of the national motor carrier safety programs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- You must complete a one-year supervisory probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.