QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as well as the selective factors as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below. All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, 5 pm Eastern Standard Time on Friday, February 08, 2013. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. The Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Administrative and Management Positions may be found on the Office of Personnel Management website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0300/0341.htm.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR THE GS-11 LEVEL: One year of full-time experience at the GS-09 level that is close or similar to the work of this job, that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Qualifying experience includes, but is not limited to, duties such as providing advisory services to management and employees in least one of the following administrative areas: participating in the formulation of annual operating budgets; indentifying reconciliation of a wide range of monthly expenditures against allocated funding; utilizing spreadsheets and administrative system reports on obligations and expenditures; providing guidance on human resources functions such as recruitment, initiate and coordinate preparation of personnel actions and documents, ensure the confidentiality and privacy of personnel information, supervisory/leadership experience, information management experience, and experience in providing guidance on administrative laws, regulations, policies, standards, or developing and formulating alternative solutions to administrative matters.
Possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field of study that is directly related to the work of the position, which demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to do the work of this position. Directly related graduate study my include, but is not limited to business administration, accounting, governmental budgeting, and/or public administration. (Three years of graduate education is 54 semester hours or 81 quarter hours).
Have an equivalent combination of such education and experience. For example, I have six months of the specialized experience described above (50% of the experience requirement), and 45 semester hours or 68 quarter hours quarter hours of directly related graduate level education in an accredited educational institution (50% of the qualifying education).
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR THE GS-12 LEVEL: One year of full-time experience at the GS-11 level that is close or similar to the work of this job, that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Qualifying experience includes, but is not limited to, duties such as: participating in the formulation of annual operating budgets; indentifying reconciliation of a wide range of monthly expenditures against allocated funding; utilizing spreadsheets and administrative system reports on obligations and expenditures; providing guidance on human resources functions such as recruitment, initiate and coordinate preparation of personnel actions and documents, ensure the confidentiality and privacy of personnel information, supervisory/leadership experience, information management experience, and experience in providing guidance on administrative laws, regulations, policies, standards, or developing and formulating alternative solutions to administrative matters.
Education is not creditable at the GS-12 grade level.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. This requires applicants who have held a GS position at any time within the past 52 weeks to have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for this occupation.
To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Applicants can verify accreditation using this link: http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. Transcripts do not need to be official but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify then you will need to provide official transcripts before you enter on duty. You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if you provide evidence that it is comparable to an accredited education institution in the United States when you apply. For further information click; http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
1. Appointment is subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
2. A one-year probationary period may be required for any person selected who has not previously served one in the Federal government.
3. Incidental Motor Vehicle Operator: You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued drivers license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued drivers license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid drivers licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State drivers license.
4. Occasional travel may be required. You will be required to obtain and possess a government credit card.
5. If you are a current career or career-conditional Federal employee you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional tenure, such as the initial hire, promotion; or reassignment, showing position title, series, grade and tenure (do not submit, SF-50s for Awards, Within-Grade-Increase, or Pay Adjustments) or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal. If you cannot submit your appraisal a written justification for its absence must be provided.
6. Selective Service Registration Status: If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency. If you are required to register with the Selective Service System, you must provide evidence of such as a condition of appointment prior to appointment. You may use this link to obtain the required documentation, Selective Service System, http://www.sss.gov/default.htm.
7. If you are selected for Federal employment, you will be required to fill out a Declaration of Federal Employment, OF-306, prior to being appointed to determine your suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation. Failing to answer all questions truthfully and completely or providing false statements on your application may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work. Also, you may be punished by fine or imprisonment (U.S. Code, Title 18, section 1001).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) required of this position. Please follow all instructions carefully.
Please Note: All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. Upon review, if it is determined that your work history, knowledge, skills and abilities, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified or your score may be modified. Please ensure that your work history provides enough detail to support your answers to the assessment questions. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following factors/competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the administrative work of a park or similar organization.
- Ability to administer a budget and finance program.
- Ability to administer a property management and procurement program.
- Ability to administer a human resources program.
- Ability to supervise others.
Please include ALL applicable work experience that relates to the position for which you are applying. You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that indicates hours per week "varies". List exact hours per week on each job experience.