Candidates must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the CG/GS 14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience providing leadership and support in the development, implementation, and operation of a Business Process Improvement (BPI) program supporting an Information Technology organization.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors - if any) for this position by the closing date to be eligible for this position.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of Business Process Improvement management principles, methods, and techniques to guide the efforts of an organization in applying those principles.
2. Skill in developing, recommending, and implementing enterprise Business Process Improvement best practices, including soliciting feedback on improvement.
3. Skill in applying service delivery principles, methods, and practices including plan and schedule development, resource requirement estimation, milestone and deliverable definition, activity monitoring, and accomplishment evaluation reporting.
4. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
5. Skill in interpreting regulations and other documents, applying critical thinking and analytical skills to understand content of codes, laws, and legal terminology.
6. Knowledge of Business Process Improvement (BPI) workflows, evaluation of processes, business process modeling, and tools used to model, build, test and implement IT BPI solutions. To preview questions please click here.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.