THIS POSITION HAS A MANDATORY EDUCATION REQUIREMENT. Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by May 31, 2013.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: (OPM Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for Administrative and Management Positions, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp).
Preferred applicants should have a degree in accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, real estate, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
Completion of two academic years of graduate level education; OR master’s or equivalent graduate degree (such as LL.B. or J.D. as specified in qualification standards or individual occupational requirements in a field directly related to the position being filled).
RECENT GRADUATE PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY:
*Applications for this RECENT GRADUATE position will be accepted from the following individuals:
1. Graduates who within the past 2 years, or after 12/27/2010, received a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
2. Preference eligible veterans precluded from applying due to military service obligation may apply up to 2 years from the date of discharge/release from active duty, but no more than 6 years after the date educational requirements are met.
3. Individuals who will complete educational program requirements by May 31, 2013.
Qualifying Educational Institutions/Programs for Recent Graduate Program
Qualifying educational institutions/program for Recent Graduate Program include: a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. You must provide a copy of ALL of your college/vocational/technical transcript(s), including current enrollment. See "Required Documents" section for additional information.
Applicants may refer to the U.S. Department of Education’s Institutional Accreditation System to determine whether their school/program is accredited: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
A post-secondary certificate program must have been completed at a qualifying educational institution equivalent to at least 1 academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional/accredited U.S. education programs to be acceptable for Federal employment. See OPM's General Policies (http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp) for information on crediting education.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The FHWA’s Professional Development Program (PDP) is a 24-month training program consisting of on-the-job and developmental training assignments. Applicants who accept a position in the PDP must understand and accept the following conditions:
- Participants must be willing to relocate anywhere in the United States during the program to complete developmental assignments and for permanent placement at the completion of the program. Selectees must sign a mobility agreement at the time of job offer. Relocation expenses are authorized.
- Overnight travel away from the employee's official duty station will be required to complete training assignments and perform official business, both during the PDP and upon completion of the PDP.
- Selected participants are on an excepted service appointment under the Recent Graduates Program and required to serve a one year trial period, and will be evaluated for conversion to a term or permanent appointment in the competitive service at the end of one year.
Failure of employees to satisfy any of the above conditions after appointment may result in termination of employment.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- Mobility Agreement – You must be willing to sign a Mobility Agreement and relocate anywhere in the United States during and at completion of the program.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- You must submit a transcript with your application.
- You will be expected to work on site.
- This position is not eligible for full time telework.
IMPORTANT: Applicants must be open to geographic mobility for developmental assignments and permanent placement relocation nationwide. If you decline a position due to geographic location, you will receive no further consideration under this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements for the job. Qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager in unranked order, and if applicable, by veteran preference status: (1) Preference eligible having a compensable, service-connected disability of 10 percent or more; (2) all other candidates eligible for 10-point veteran preference; (3) candidates eligible for 5-point veteran preference; and (4) candidates not eligible for veteran preference.
You will not be considered for the position if any part of the application or supporting documentation is incomplete. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or adverse action after hiring. To preview questions please click here.