Department: Department Of Labor
Agency: Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Current/former federal employees w/ competitive/reinstatement eligibility; ICTAP/CTAP eligibles in local commuting area; Vet's Employment Opportunity Act eligibles; Vets 30% or more compensable; persons w/disabilities; present/former Peace Corps personnel. Also being advertised under DE-13-BOS-OWCP-44 for non-status applicants; to be considered for each, apply to BOTH jobs.
Opportunities are Open! Begin a challenging career with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and you will help shape the workforce of tomorrow. DOL offers rewarding opportunities to contribute to a noble mission; to serve and protect American workers, prepare them for new and better jobs, and to ensure the safety and fairness of American workplaces.
The Department of Labor values its customers. Every DOL employee is responsible for delivering good customer service through accurate, courteous, efficient and effective transactions.
This position is located in the Office of Workers Compensation Programs, District Office, 201 Varick Street, New York, NY.
What is ICTAP ELIGIBILITY? An Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible is a displaced permanent federal civilian employee who has been notified by their agency that they are to be separated due to reduction in force or their position has been abolished. See below for required proof:
Federal employees seeking Career Transition Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605(a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP.
CTAP/ ICTAP eligibles must submit the following (all four are required):
- An SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, or other official documentation, which shows that you were declared displaced or surplus while serving as a career or career conditional competitive service employee, in tenure group 1 or 2, OR are a current or former Executive Branch agency employee in the excepted service serving on an appointment without time limit, at grade levels GS-15 or equivalent and below, and who has been conferred noncompetitive appointment eligibility and special selection priority by statute for positions in the competitive service;
- An SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, or other official documentation which shows the position you may be or are being separated from has the same or higher promotion potential as that of the vacancy;
- CTAP eligibles: a copy of your Reduction in Force (RIF) separation notice; a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function outside the local commuting area; a Certificate of Expected Separation; your agency's certification that you are in a surplus organization or occupation (this could be a position abolishment letter, a notice of eligibility for discontinued service retirement, or similar notice).
- ICTAP eligibles: a copy of your RIF separation notice, a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function outside the local commuting area; an OPM notice that your disability annuity has been (or will be) terminated; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for a disability retirement and will receive the special OPM annuity.
- A copy of a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or equivalent (not required if you are an ICTAP eligible due to compensable injury or disability retirement).
- U.S. Citizenship. NCFLL-BU. PCS expenses may be available.
- Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program.
- Applicant must have active,current registration as a professional nurse.
- Registration must be from any U.S. State or any US territory.
- Appointment to this position may require a background investigation.
- Requires a probationary period if the requirement has not been met.